Lubumbashi International Airport
|Lubumbashi International Airport|
|Location||Lubumbashi, Democratic Republic of the Congo|
|Elevation AMSL||4,295 ft / 1,309 m|
Lubumbashi International Airport was founded in colonial times as the Elisabethville Airport. It was also known as Luano airport.
This airport played a high-profile role during the Katanga war. After it was seized by the United Nations Force in the Congo (ONUC) troops, the airport was used as a base against the secessionist government.
Airlines and destinations
|Congo Airways||Kananga, Kinshasa, Mbuji–Mayi|
|Ethiopian Airlines||Addis Ababa|
|Kenya Airways||Nairobi–Jomo Kenyatta|
|South African Express||Johannesburg–OR Tambo|
Accidents and incidents
- In December 2001, Air Katanga Douglas C-53-DO ZS-OJD was written off in a landing accident at Lubumbashi International Airport after a delivery flight that originated in South Africa.
- In September 15, 1961, a Katangese Air Force Fouga CM.170 Magister dropped two 100 lb. bombs on the airport, one of which made a direct hit on a DC-4-1009 belonging to Air Katanga with the registration OO-ADN. There were no casualties, but the aircraft was written off.
- Transport in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- List of airports in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- "Fototeca: Informació foto". www.grec.net. Retrieved 2017-09-17.
- "UNITED NATIONS: Quiet Man in a Hot Spot". Time. 1960-08-22. ISSN 0040-781X. Retrieved 2017-09-17.
- Photo, UN (1963-01-03). "Troops Secure Road Blocks and Positions around Elisabethville". www.unmultimedia.org. Retrieved 2017-09-17.
- HORAIRE AVEC 1 Q400 DU 06/06 AU 10/07/2016 (Heures locales), http://www.congoairways.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/HORAIRE-1-Q400-2016-V2.0-ok.pdf[permanent dead link]
- "ZS-OJD Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 21 June 2010.
- "41-20045 ... 41-20136 Douglas C-53-DO". Warbird Central. Retrieved 21 June 2010.
- Ranter, Harro. "ASN Aircraft accident Douglas DC-4-1009 OO-ADN Elizabethville Airport (FBM)". aviation-safety.net. Retrieved 2017-08-26.
- Accident history for FBM at Aviation Safety Network
- Airport information for FZQA at Great Circle Mapper.
- Current weather for FZQA at NOAA/NWS
- Airport information for FZQA at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
|This article about an airport in the Democratic Republic of the Congo is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|