Lubumbashi International Airport
|Lubumbashi International Airport|
|Location||Lubumbashi, Democratic Republic of the Congo|
|Elevation AMSL||4,295 ft / 1,197 m|
Lubumbashi International Airport was founded in colonial times as the Elisabethville Airport. It was also known as Luano airport.
This airport played a high-profile role during the Katanga war. After it was seized by the United Nations Force in the Congo (ONUC) troops, the airport was used as a base against the secessionist government.
Airlines and destinations
|Compagnie Africaine d'Aviation||Johannesburg-OR Tambo, Kalemie, Kananga, Kinshasa-N'djili, Mbuji-Mayi, Kolwezi, Kamina, Manono|
|Ethiopian Airlines||Addis Ababa|
|Kenya Airways||Nairobi-Jomo Kenyatta|
|Korongo Airlines||Johannesburg-OR Tambo, Kinshasa-N'djili, Mbuji-Mayi|
|South African Express||Johannesburg-OR Tambo|
|Zimbabwe flyafrica||Harare, Lusaka (all services begin 14 September 2015)|
Accidents and incidents
- In December 2001, Air Katanga Douglas C-53-DO ZS-OJD was written off in a landing accident at Lubumbashi International Airport after a delivery flight that originated in South Africa.
- September 15, 1996, Air Katanga Douglas DC-4-1009 OO-ADN.
- Belgian troops parading at Elisabethville Airport
- TIME - Moise Tshombe at Elisabethville airport
- Rockets for the United Nations Force in the Congo (ONUC) at Elisabethville airport
- Compagnie Africaine d'Aviation timetable (August 2013)
- March 2014 Timetable, http://www.caacongo.com/horaires-20-mars-2014.pdf
- April 2014, Destinations and Timetable, http://flykorongo.com/destinations-horaires/
- "ZS-OJD Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 21 June 2010.
- "41-20045 ... 41-20136 Douglas C-53-DO". Warbird Central. Retrieved 21 June 2010.
- Accident history for FBM at Aviation Safety Network
- Airport information for FZQA at Great Circle Mapper.
- Current weather for FZQA at NOAA/NWS
- Airport information for FZQA at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
|This article about an airport in the Democratic Republic of the Congo is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|