Escritora del libro "Wakolda" hizo lanzamiento de su publicación en Oslo, Noruega en octubre del 2013
28 November 1976 |
|Alma mater||University of Buenos Aires the National Film Institute (INCAA)|
|Occupation||author and film director|
Lucía Puenzo (born 28 November 1976, Buenos Aires) is an Argentine author, screenwriter and film director. She is the daughter of the Oscar-winning film director, producer, and screenplay writer, Luis Puenzo.
Puenzo studied literature at the University of Buenos Aires and proceeded to attend the ENERC, film school of the National Film Institute from Argentina (INCAA), where she graduated. She has done work with feature films, documentary films and mini series.
Puenzo began her career in the film industry as a screenwriter; her first work being The Whore and the Whale (2002) She also wrote the screenplay for the film Through Your Eyes (2007), which was based on the short story "Cinismo", by the Argentine writer Sergio Bizzio. Within the same year, Puenzo made her debut as a director with the film, XXY (2007).
In much of her work, Puenzo focuses on childhood and adolescences. Most of these pieces feature either queer or intersex characters. She frames these stories through the innocence of a child's gaze. Through this practice, she attempts to resist heteronormative models of development.
In an interview with Elle magazine, Puenzo discusses her interest in nazism. A common theme in her work, is the fascination with modulating the human body, much like how Hitler attempted to modulate a whole race. In the work that she creates, writes and directs, such as XXY and The German Doctor, she focuses on the question of medically modified bodies. She shows the ethical dilemma with modern medicine and the creation of what a "perfect body" should conform to. With her work, Puenzo addresses the fact that society keeps on pushing towards standardization. She finds there is a delicate line between the good of medicine and what is unnecessary. By addressing different stories that sway back and forth across the line, she explores the limits of medicine.
- Historias cotidianas (2000) - Screenplay
- The Whore and the Whale (2003) - Screenplay
- Los invisibles (2005)
- A través de tus ojos (2006)
- Through Your Eyes (2007) - Screenplay
- XXY (2007) - Director, Screenplay
- The Fish Child (2009) - Director, Screenplay
- The German Doctor (2013) - Director, Screenplay
- Cromo (2015) - TV series
Awards and nominations
- XXY (2007) - 2008 Argentine Film Critics Association Awards and 2008 2008 Goya award
- The German Doctor - 2nd Unasur Cine International Film Festival - Best Director and
- "Lucía Puenzo". Retrieved 2010-10-02.
- "Lucía Puenzo". mertin-litag.de. Retrieved 1 May 2015.
- "Gale - Product Login". go.galegroup.com. Retrieved 15 June 2018.
- Svetlana Kitto. "Director Lucia Puenzo on Nazi Beauty Standards - 'The German Doctor' Director Interview". ELLE. Retrieved 1 May 2015.
- "Lucía Puenzo Discusses Her New Film, 'The German Doctor'". 29 April 2014. Retrieved 15 June 2018.
- "2013 Official Selection". Cannes. 15 May 2013. Retrieved 15 May 2013.