|Borough mayor for Le Plateau-Mont-Royal and Montreal City Councillor|
January 1, 2010
|Preceded by||Michel Labrecque|
|Political party||Projet Montréal|
Luc Ferrandez from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, is the interim leader of Montreal municipal party, Projet Montreal since 2014. Since 2009, he has served as the mayor of the borough of Le Plateau-Mont-Royal. He is a member of the Projet Montréal municipal political party.
Education and early career
He previously served as director of communications for CAE Inc., as a senior communications advisor at Hydro-Québec and was a senior researcher in environmental matters for the French National Centre for Scientific Research. Most recently, he worked as a management consultant.
As borough mayor of Le Plateau-Mont-Royal, Ferrandez reduced snow removal services. In order to reduce expenses related to overtime compensation, he refused to send snow removal crews out immediately following snow storms, on weekends, or when the total accumulation was five inches or less. The move has garnered both support and criticism.
- "Ville de Montréal — Arrondissement Le Plateau Mont-Royal — Vos élus — Luc Ferrandez" (in French). Ville de Montréal. Retrieved 5 November 2010.
- "Luc Ferrandez". Le Plateau Mont-Royal. Montreal: Projet Montréal. 2009. Retrieved 5 November 2010.
- Toro, Francisco (2012-03-28). "The Abominable Snowman". International Herald Tribune. Retrieved 29 March 2012.
- Blanchette, Josée (May 3, 2013). "Jouer dans le trafic: Ferrandez au Dix30". Le Devoir (in French). Retrieved May 6, 2013.
- Personal website of Luc Ferrandez
- Luc Ferrandez (Projet Montreal)
- Luc Ferrandez - Arrondissement du Plateau Mont-Royal
|This Montreal-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a mayor in Quebec is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|