Luc de Larochellière
|Luc De Larochellière|
27 April 1966 |
|Years active||1988 – present|
|Labels||Trafic, Zéro musique, Victoire|
Luc De Larochellière (born 27 April 1966) is a Canadian singer-songwriter from Quebec.
after winning many awards at the Festival de la chanson de Granby, Quebec and getting the attention of critics and record labels. Signed to Trafic record label, in 1988, De Larochellière released his debut album Amère America. The album resulted in a number of hits including the title track "Amère America" as well as "La route est longue" and "Chinatown Blues". The album was certified gold. In 1990, he released Sauvez mon âme with an even bigger success with singles considered Quebec music classics like "Sauvez mon âme", "Ma génération", "Cash City", "Si j'te disais reviens" and "Si fragile".
De Larochellière continued attracting following throughout the 1990s though with lesser success and in 1993 co-founded Zéro Musique with François Pérusse. In 2014, he released a compilation album of his biggest hits under the title En bref.
Awards and nominations
- In 1991, De Larochellière album won three Félix Awards for Best Show, Best Pop/Rock Album and for De Larochellière the Best Male Singer of the Year in Quebec's ADISQ 1991 awards
- The same year, he was nominated for best Album during the French Victoires de la musique.
- During the Juno Awards of 1992, he won the Juno Award for Francophone Album of the Year for the album.
- During the Juno Awards of 2010, he was nominated for Francophone Album of the Year for his album Un toi dans ma tête
- 1988: Amère America (Trafic)
- 1990: Sauvez mon âme (Trafic)
- 1993: Los Angeles (Zéro musique)
- 1996: Les Nouveaux Héros (Zéro musique)
- 2000: Vu d'ici (Victoire)
- 2004: Quelque chose d'animal (Victoire)
- 2006: Voix croisées (Victoire)
- 2009: Un toi dans ma tête (Victoire)
- 2012: C'est d'l'amour ou c'est comme (joint album with Andrea Lindsay)
- Compilation albums
- 2014: En bref