Luca Ceccarelli (footballer, born in Massa)
|Date of birth||20 March 1983|
|Place of birth||Massa, Italy|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Playing position||Right-back, centre-back|
|2002–2003||→ Venezia (loan)||0||(0)|
|2003||→ Fermana (loan)||12||(0)|
|2003–2004||→ Spezia (loan)||12||(0)|
|2004–2005||→ Pro Patria (loan)||33||(1)|
|2005–2006||→ Catanzaro (loan)||37||(0)|
|2006–2007||→ Lucchese (loan)||28||(1)|
|2007–2008||→ Spezia (loan)||29||(1)|
|2014||→ Siena (loan)||11||(0)|
|2015||→ Catania (loan)||12||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 7 April 2015.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 7 April 2015
Luca Ceccarelli started his career at Fiorentina. He made his Serie A debut against Internazionale, on 25 November 2001, at the age of 18. That season he played 12 Serie A matches. He rejected a contract extension in April 2002. and then on 30 June 2002, Ceccarelli was signed by A.C. Milan. His team-mate Emiliano Moretti joined Juventus on the same day, but the funds raised from these transfers were insufficient to prevent AC Fiorentina's bankruptcy that year.
Ceccarelli proved unable to break into the first team in Internazionale and spent his time there on loan. He was loaned to Venezia of Serie B in August 2002, and in January 2003 to Fermana (Serie C1). In the following seasons, he was loaned to Spezia and Pro Patria (Serie C1). In the 2005–06 season, he joined Catanzaro (Serie B). In 2006–07, he was returned to Serie C1 to play for Lucchese. In summer 2007, he rejoined Spezia, this time in Serie B.
In June 2008, Milan bought back Ceccarelli from Internazionale for a nominal fee, Inter made a profit of (€2.49 million) as the club no longer needed to pay for the residual half of the registration rights which already amortized. At the same time Milan write down €2.58 million for the residual value of the player's contract, as the revenue (and profit if any) of sold in was already treated as full registration rights in 2002 and the retained half was treated as a special asset called "co-ownership asset" with a value of €2.58 million.
Ceccarelli returned to Spezia again on 3 July 2013 on a two-year contract. On 31 January 2014 he left for Siena to boost the chance of promotion back to Serie A. On 20 January 2015 he was signed by Catania.
- "Ceccarelli rejects offer". Sky Sports. 2002-04-13. Retrieved 2010-03-15.
- "MORE TRANSFER MARKET INVOLVING INTER WITH AC MILAN". inter.it. 2002-07-01. Retrieved 2009-12-14.
- "Transfer market: co-ownership deals". inter.it. 2008-06-25. Retrieved 2009-12-14.
- "Chiusa la sessione estiva del calciomercato". Hellas Verona FC (in Italian). 2008-09-01. Retrieved 2010-04-18.
- "Ufficiale: Luca Ceccarelli allo Spezia" (in Italian). Hellas Verona FC. 3 July 2013. Retrieved 3 November 2014.
- "Mercato: per la difesa aquilotta ecco il ritorno di Luca Ceccarelli" (in Italian). Spezia Calcio. 3 July 2013. Retrieved 3 November 2014.
- "Mercato: Luca Ceccarelli passa al Siena" (in Italian). Spezia Calcio. 31 January 2014. Retrieved 3 November 2014.
- "Ceccarelli in bianconero" (in Italian). AC Siena. 31 January 2014. Retrieved 3 November 2014.
- "Luca Ceccarelli dallo Spezia al Catania, a titolo temporaneo con obbligo di riscatto" (in Italian). Calcio Catania. 20 January 2015. Retrieved 7 April 2015.
- "CECCARELLI IN BIANCOCELESTE A TITOLO DEFINITIVO" (in Italian). Virtus Entella. 28 August 2015. Retrieved 28 January 2016.