|Date of birth||11 August 1989|
|Place of birth||Castiglione del Lago, Italy|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15 May 2015.
Born in Castiglione del Lago, in the Province of Perugia, Umbria, Ceppitelli started his career at hometown club Perugia. He played once in 2006–07 Serie C1 season for the central Italy team, the last round of the season.
In January 2009 he left for southern Italy side A.S. Andria BAT in co-ownership deal, which the team represented the Province of Barletta–Andria–Trani, Apulia. Perugia also re-signed Giampaolo Giuliacci from Andria. In June 2009, Andria purchased him outright.
In 2009–10 Lega Pro Prima Divisione season, he made 15 starts with Andria, plus 1 start in the relegation tie-breaker. That season he also received 3 call-up from Italy national under-20 football team, one for training camp, Four Nations Tournament, one for unofficial friendly against Serie D Best XI. He did not played the both matches. He also received a call-up to represent Prima Divisione Group B for a trophy against Group A's under-21 representative team. As the starting defender of the team in 433 formation he lost the match with the team.
On 30 August 2010, Serie A team Bari signed Ceppitelli (also located in Apulia) along with two other youth team players of Andria (R.Moretti & Leonetti). However he spent the first season loaned back to Andria.
On 2 September 2013 half of the registration rights of Ceppitelli was signed by Parma. Bari acquired half of the rights of Dembel Sall. Both 50% registration rights were "valued" €500,000 (the liquidator re-valued 50% rights of Ceppitelli to €464,226.75). Ceppitelli also returned to Bari in temporary deal as well as Sall to Parma. That season he was vice-captain of the team, or as captain when Marino Defendi was suspended.
- "UFFICIALE: Andria, arriva Ceppitelli e saluta Falzone". Tutto Mercato Web (in Italian). 2 January 2009. Retrieved 1 September 2010.
- "UFFICIALE: Andria, Ceppitelli resta. Alle buste per Ousmane Sy". Tutto Mercato Web (in Italian). 26 June 2009. Retrieved 1 September 2010.
- "Nazionale Under 20 a Coverciano dal 24 al 27 gennaio". FIGC (in Italian). 20 January 2010. Retrieved 1 September 2010.
- ""Four Nations": Players called by Rocca for match in Germany". FIGC. 30 March 2010. Retrieved 1 September 2010.
- "Ultimo appuntamento della stagione il 2 giugno a Orvieto con il Top 11". FIGC (in Italian). 2010-05-28. Retrieved 2010-06-01.
- "Orvieto, capitale della D Due giorni di festa e gol". CORRIERE DELLO SPORT - STADIO (in Italian). 2010-06-01. Retrieved 2010-06-05.
- "Orvieto, Top 11 a testa alta contro l'Italia Under 20". Corriere dello Sport-Stadio (in Italian). 3 June 2010. Retrieved 1 September 2010.
- "TROFEO UNDER 21 DI PRIMA DIVISIONE". Lega-Pro.com (in Italian). 21 January 2010.
- "ANDRIA-Bari:trovato l'accordo per Ceppitelli". AS Andria BAT (in Italian). 31 August 2010. Archived from the original on 22 July 2011. Retrieved 1 September 2010.
- "Valutazione ramo di azienda sportiva A.S. BARI S.p.A" (PDF) (in Italian). Tribunale di Bari (Re-published by Corriere del Mezzogiorno). 28 March 2014. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- "Mercato, cinque operazioni del Bari" (in Italian). AS Bari. 3 September 2013. Archived from the original on 27 February 2014. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- "Ceppitelli: 'Sono orgoglioso di indossare la fascia di capitano'" (in Italian). AS Bari. 30 August 2013. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- "Luca Ceppitelli a Parma Channel: "Ho una voglia matta di scendere in campo, ma la priorità è tornare in forma"" (in Italian). Parma FC. 17 July 2014. Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- "Test in famiglia a Collecchio primo tempo: gol di Amauri. Il Parma in Blu avanti 1-0" (in Italian). Parma FC. 18 July 2014. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- "Ceppitelli al Cagliari" (in Italian). Cagliari Calcio. 7 August 2014. Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- "Luca Ceppitelli ceduto a titolo definitivo al Cagliari Calcio" (in Italian). Parma FC. 7 August 2014. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- Cagliari Calcio S.p.A. bilancio (financial report and accounts) on 30 June 2015 (in Italian), PDF purchased from Italian C.C.I.A.A.
- Proventi di compartecipaz. ex. at 102 bis N.O.I.F. F.C. Bari 1908 S.p.A. bilancio (financial report and accounts) on 30 June 2015 (in Italian), PDF purchased from Italian C.C.I.A.A.