||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2010)|
|Date of birth||7 December 1984|
|Place of birth||Schio, Italy|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|2005–2006||→ Reggina (loan)||4||(0)|
|2006||→ Piacenza (loan)||9||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 13 December 2015.
Born in Schio, Province of Vicenza, Veneto, Rigoni started his career at hometown club Vicenza. He played his first league match on 24 May 2003 against Cagliari Calcio, the 35th Serie B round towards the end of the season. In 2003–04 season he became one of the member of the first team, played 31 league matches.
After the club almost relegated to Serie C1 in 2005, Rigoni along with Davide Biondini were sold to Serie A struggler Reggina (in a co-ownership deal for €900,000 and €500,000 respectively; Ricardo Esteves moved to Vicenza for €500,000). However Rigoni failed to enter the first team. He was loaned back to Serie B for Piacenza in mid-season. Circa January Reggina also acquired Biondini outright for another €700,000, with Simone Cavalli moved to Vicenza for €775,000.
In June 2006 Vicenza bought back Rigoni for €1 million (with and Esteves moved back to Reggina for the same fee) He was offered a new four-year contract which last until 30 June 2010. Since returned to Vicenza, he became the regular starter, but in January 2008, he moved to Chievo in another co-ownership deal, for €1 million (€850,000 plus 50% registration rights of Mattia Marchesetti).
With Chievo, Rigoni made only 3 starts in 11 appearances in the first season, He followed the team promoted to Serie A, and played regularly since January 2009, replacing Vincenzo Italiano as starting central midfielder.
In June 2009 Chievo bought the remain 50% registration rights from Vicenza, for another €1 million, but in terms of Giacomo Di Donato's registration rights. Rigoni was the absolute starter of the Veronese in 2009–10 season. But due to muscle problem, he missed nearly 2 months and was replaced by Manuel Iori.
In January 2010, he fractured his nose during training, but he already disqualified for the next match after received a yellow card on 24 January 2010. He was suspended again on round 26 and rested on round 27. On round 33, he was suspended again. He was rested again against Roma in the last round.
- Serie B: 2008
- "Luca Rigoni firma fino al 2010" (in Italian). Vicenza Calcio. 2006-08-29. Retrieved 2010-01-07.[dead link]
- Vicenza Calcio SpA Report and Accounts on 30 June 2008 (Italian)
- Binda, Nicola; Calvi, Giuseppe; Dalla Vite, Matteo (29 January 2008). "Bernardini-Vicenza il ritorno è vicino Valiani al Bologna affare quasi fatto". La Gazzetta dello Sport (in Italian). Retrieved 4 July 2013.
- Profile at La Gazzetta dello Sport 2007–08
- Vicenza Calcio SpA Report and Accounts on 30 June 2009 (Italian)
- "VENERDI' A VERONELLO. DOMANI ACCERTAMENTI PER LUCA RIGONI" (in Italian). AC ChievoVerona. 2009-09-25. Retrieved 2010-01-07.[dead link]
- "TEAM NEWS". AC ChievoVerona. 2009-11-04. Retrieved 2010-01-07.[dead link]
- "OPERAZIONE AL SETTO NASALE PER LUCA RIGONI" (in Italian). AC ChievoVerona. 2010-01-27. Retrieved 2010-01-28.[dead link]
- "SERIE A: THE SPORTING JUDGE'S DECISIONS". AC Milan.com. 2010-01-26. Retrieved 2010-01-28.[dead link]
- "SERIE A: DECISIONS OF THE SPORTING JUDGE". ACMilan.com. 2010-02-22. Retrieved 2010-04-18.[dead link]
- "VENERDI' A VERONELLO". AC ChievoVerona (in Italian). 2010-03-05. Retrieved 2010-04-18.[dead link]
- "SPORTING JUDGE: ALL THE SUSPENDED PLAYERS". ACMilan.com. 2010-04-06. Retrieved 2010-04-18.[dead link]
- Ufficio Stampa (11 August 2010). "DALLA SEDE: RIGONI IN GIALLOBLU' FINO AL 2015". AC ChievoVerona (in Italian) (www.chievocalcio.tv). Retrieved 12 August 2010.
- "RIGONI E' DEL PALERMO" (in Italian). U.S. Città di Palermo. 25 July 2014. Retrieved 29 December 2015.
- (in Italian). U.S. Città di Palermo. 28 December 2015 http://palermocalcio.it/it/1516/news/scheda.php?id=32329. Retrieved 29 December 2015. Missing or empty
- Profile at Football.it (Italian)
- Profile at La Gazzeta dello Sport (Italian)
- Profile at Chievo (Italian)
- Profile at FIGC (Italian)