|Full name||Luca Tognozzi|
|Date of birth||3 October 1977|
|Place of birth||Florence, Italy|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|2009||→ Brescia (loan)||18||(2)|
|2012||Borgo a Buggiano||12||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
He began his career in the youth team at Fiorentina, but due to a lack of opportunities at this level he played for Colligiana and Castiglionese before moving to Montevarchi, who were then in the Serie C1. Unable to break into the first team he moved back to Serie D, first with Fortis Juventus, who were managed by Maurizio Sarri. He became one of the manager's favourite players and followed Sarri first to Sansovino where he helped the club to promotion from serie D to Serie C2. He then rejoined Sarri at Sangiovannese where a promotion to Serie C1 followed. Success with both of these clubs saw him move to Pescara then in Serie B where he played well for two seasons. His performances attracted the attention of bigger clubs and he was sold to Reggina, who were then in the top flight of Italian football (Serie A).
Tognozzi made his Serie A debut on 15 October 2006 in a game against Roma which finished 1-0 to the Roman side. Tognozzi played a major role in the 2006/2007 season that saw Reggina avoid relegation to Serie B. This was a remarkable achievement considering the 11 penalty point penalty the club had incurred following the second wave of the Serie A match-fixing scandal. The following season Tognozzi started well but was injured on 21 October 2007 in the home game against Inter due to a reckless challenge by Patrick Vieira. He injured the third metatarsal of his right foot and was out for two months. When he returned to the team he soon returned to form and was again able to contribute to them avoiding relegation (the salvezza).
Loan to Brescia and return to Pescara
Tognozzi was loaned out to Brescia on 2 February 2009, which was the final day of the winter transfer window. Brescia held the rights to a first refusal on an acquisition of Tognozzi, should he perform well. This was not to be, however, and he returned to Reggina, who had just been relegated to Serie B. On 10 July 2009 he was re-signed by his old club Pescara, where he stayed until the summer of 2011 after making over 50 appearances and scoring 3 goals.
Reunited with Sarri: Sorrento
On 31 August 2011 Tognozzi signed a one year contract for Sorrento, which reunited him with his old manager and "mentor" Maurizio Sarri, who had managed him at Pescara, Sansovino and Sangiovannese. However on 11 January 2012 he joined Borgo a Buggiano on free transfer.
- "Carriera di Luca Tognozzi". Tutto Calciatori. Retrieved 2008-12-28.
- "Il mercato si chiude con la cessione di Tognozzi" (in Italian). Pescara Calcio. 31 August 2006. Retrieved 16 April 2012.
- "Toldo si esalta nelle pozzanghere Vieira spento rischia l' espulsione" (in Italian). Corriere della Sera. 21 October 2007. Retrieved 2012-01-01.
- "Mercato" (in Italian). Pescara Calcio. 10 July 2009. Archived from the original on 29 November 2014. Retrieved 16 April 2012.
- "INGAGGIATO IL CENTROCAMPISTA LUCA TOGNOZZI" (in Italian). Sorrento Calcio. 31 August 2011. Retrieved 2011-12-31.
- "TOGNOZZI LASCIA IL SORRENTO" (in Italian). Sorrento Calcio. 11 January 2012. Retrieved 5 November 2014.