|Lucas M. Bernard|
|Born||New York City, United States|
|Alma mater||New School University, City University of New York, NYU’s Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences|
|Institutions||CUNY College of Technology, New School University|
Lucas Bernard is a financial economist and chairman of the Business Department at The New York City College of Technology. CityTech, as it is known, is part of The City University of New York and is the largest public, undergraduate college of technology in the Northeastern United States.
Prof. Bernard's recent research has moved away from the traditional mathematical models, popular with economists, and more towards the role of economics as a sub-discipline of sociology. Bernard is interested in the ways in which economics blends together human values, politics, rationality and irrationality; more specifically, how this interplay reveals itself in society at large. He is an Advisory Editor in Economics and Finance for Oxford University Press.
His doctoral dissertation, concerning endogenous models of credit default, was written at The New School for Social Research; he also holds graduate degrees in both Mathematics (City University of New York) and Computer Science (NYU’s Courant Institute).
- "Business - Meet the Chair". citytech.cuny.edu. Retrieved 2016-09-06.
- Team, CIS Web. "About Us - City Tech". www.citytech.cuny.edu. Retrieved 2016-09-06.
- firstname.lastname@example.org. "Lucas Bernard at IDEAS". ideas.repec.org. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Designing for the Downturn | The New School News". blogs.newschool.edu. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Economics and Finance - Oxford Handbooks". oxfordhandbooks.com. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Past Dissertation Titles". newschool.edu. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Home". lucasbernard.com. Retrieved 2016-07-25.