Boyé with AEK in 2018
|Full name||Lucas Ariel Boyé|
|Date of birth||28 February 1996|
|Place of birth||San Gregorio, Argentina|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
(loan from Torino)
|2015–2016||→ Newell's Old Boys (loan)||23||(2)|
|2018||→ Celta (loan)||13||(0)|
|2018–2019||→ AEK Athens (loan)||23||(6)|
|2019–||→ Reading (loan)||10||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 5 October 2019 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 21 June 2016
He is nicknamed El Tanque (The Tank) and El Toro (The Bull).
Boyé was called up by Ramon Diaz for River Plate's pre-season in Salta in January 2014. His unofficial debut took place on 29 January 2014 in a friendly against San Lorenzo de Almagro at the Estadio Padre Ernesto Martearena in Salta, when he replaced Jonathan Fabbro 23 minutes into the second half. River Plate lost the match to San Lorenzo 1–3.
Soon after he returned to play for the first team in another friendly, this time against the provincial team of San Luis, entering at the beginning of the second half to replace Daniel Villalba in a match which River Plate won 3–1. He made his official debut against Ferro in the final tournament of the 2013–14 Copa Argentina, in a match which River Plate won 6–5 in a penalty shootout.
His debut in the Argentine Primera División came in a 1–1 tie against Gimnasia y Esgrima on the first day of the 2014 Torneo de Transición. Four days later, on 31 August, Boyé scored his first goal in the Primera División off an assist from Tomas Martinez, the third in a match which River won 3–1 against San Lorenzo.
On 31 January 2018, he moved on loan to Spanish club Celta.
In the 2018–19 season Boyé joined AEK on loan. On 28 October 2018 he scored his first goal for the club in a 4–0 home win game against Aris Thessaloniki. On 23 February 2019, he scored a brace, his first in his career, sealing a 2–1 home win game against Apollon Smyrnis.
On 2 August 2019, English Championship club Reading announced the signing of Boyé on a season-long loan deal from Torino. He scored his first goal for Reading in an EFL Cup tie against Wolverhampton Wanderers on 25 September 2019. However he also went on to miss a penalty in the shootout in the same game as Reading ultimately lost.
Style of play
Boyé is described as a well structured, yet agile centre forward, with excellent technique and dribbling ability. He is noted for his work rate and willingness to sacrifice himself for the team. He is compared to former Roma forward Abel Balbo.
- As of match played 5 October 2019
|River Plate||2014||Primera División||17||1||3||0||6||0||—||26||1|
|Newell's Old Boys (loan)||2015||Primera División||7||1||—||—||—||7||1|
|Celta (loan)||2017–18||La Liga||13||0||0||0||—||—||13||0|
|AEK Athens (loan)||2018–19||Super League||23||6||9||0||4||0||—||36||6|
|Reading (loan)||2019–20||EFL Championship||10||0||3||1||0||0||—||13||1|
- Copa Sudamericana: 2014
- Recopa Sudamericana: 2015
- Copa Euroamericana: 2015
- Copa Libertadores: 2015
- Suruga Bank Championship: 2015
- "Notification of shirt numbers: Reading" (PDF). English Football League. p. 59. Retrieved 26 October 2019.
- "Argentina - L. Boyé - Profile with news, career statistics and history - Soccerway". soccerway.com. Retrieved 20 August 2014.
- "LUCAS BOYE en SALTA - reportaje exclusivo". Ancaloo.com.ar. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- "Boyé, otra gran aparición de la cantera millonaria - Copa Argentina 2013-14 | River Plate - La Página Millonaria". River Plate. 28 July 2014. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- "Un final increíble | Olé". Ole.com.ar. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- "Gimnasia La Plata vs. River Plate - 11 August 2014 - Soccerway". soccerway.com. Retrieved 20 August 2014.
- "Boyé al Toro | TORINO FC 1906 SITO UFFICIALE". Torinofc.it (in Italian). Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- Παίρνει Λούκας Μπογέ η ΑΕΚ!. www.sport-fm.gr (in Greek). Retrieved 15 July 2018.
- ΑΕΚ - Άρης 4-0: "Σόου" από Πόνσε και Μπογέ στο άδειο ΟΑΚΑ. www.sport24.gr (in Greek). Retrieved 28 October 2018.
- ΑΕΚ - Απόλλων Σμύρνης 2-1: "Καθάρισε" ο Μπογέ. www.sport24.gr (in Greek). Retrieved 23 February 2019.
- "Lucas Boyé joins Royals on loan". readingfc.co.uk/. Reading F.C. 2 August 2019. Retrieved 2 August 2019.
- "Wolves 1-1 Reading". BBC Sport. 25 September 2019. Retrieved 26 September 2019.
- "Stazza e piedi buoni: ecco chi è Lucas Boyè (VIDEO)". Giallorossi.net. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- Lucas Boyé at Soccerway. Retrieved 10 July 2016.
- Lucas Boyé at Soccerway