Lucas Brunelle with helmet cameras
|Born||August 3, 1971|
Early life and bicycling
From 1990 he attended the University of Massachusetts Amherst
Videography and advocacy
Brunelle has participated in several Critical Mass events in the Boston area. Some of the stunts he has been involved in include a bicycle drawn carriage for a wedding and parading a live band through the streets of downtown on a 1000 lb bicycle supported stage.
Brunelle is known for his dangerous riding style, which has led to some tension with most other riders, professional couriers, and with authorities. Statements he has made to the press and his disregard for traffic laws have caused backlash from cyclists including some cycling advocacy groups, and most couriers.
In November 2014, Brunelle was involved in a traffic accident on Tremont Street near Boston Common. Disregarding traffic signals, he struck a pedestrian causing injury. He was further involved in an altercation with a taxi driver who attacked Brunelle for hailing him down immediately following the incident with the pedestrian.
- Woodland, Rosee (30 July 2007). "Interview: Lucas Brunelle - street racer, film maker". BikeRadar.
- Interview With a Daredevil, Bicycling magazine
- Beifuss, John (May 29, 2009), Film festival a 'happening' for bicycle movement, retrieved June 14, 2010
- BikeRadar (October 11, 2007), Bicycle Film Festival in London Oct. 17-21, retrieved June 14, 2010
- Palmer, Elaine (Winter 2002), "Bill Reyelt's Wedding" (PDF), Mass Cyclist, retrieved June 14, 2010
- Diaz, Johnny (August 4, 2002), "Wheel Fun or a Wheel Pain", The Boston Globe, retrieved June 14, 2010
- Schworm, Peter. "Globe Staff". Boston Globe. Retrieved 10 November 2014.