|Founded||1998 in New York City|
|Headquarters||New York, New York, United States|
|Products||Pornographic films, internet pornography and sex toys|
Lucas Entertainment is a New York-based gay pornographic studio started by porn star Michael Lucas. It is one of the largest such studios in the world. The studio is known for lavish, big-budget movies, and it contends that its 2006 film Michael Lucas' La Dolce Vita is the most expensive gay porn ever made. The film won 14 GayVN awards in 2007, the current record.
To expand its direction, the studio hired mr. Pam Doré, gay adult film's only female videographer, as creative director of film and production in August 2008. Doré, who began her career at Falcon Video in 1996, was nominated for best director and cinematography at the GayVN Awards for the studio's 2008 Return to Fire Island.
In May 2009, Lucas Entertainment announced that it was filming on location the first gay porn movie with only Israeli models, billing it as an effort to promote Israeli culture. The company subsequently launched its Men of Israel microsite introducing the actors and film concept. Lucas has called the film his most important, and journalists from The Atlantic, Out Magazine and Yediot Aharonot noted it as a landmark film as the first pornographic movie shot on location with an all-Israeli cast; while Tablet Magazine and the Los Angeles Times remarked on it being the first to feature an all-Jewish cast.
In July, the studio announced on Lucas's blog that it will open a European headquarters in Paris, the site of its current production, Paris Playboys. In 2013 Lucas Entertainment went from being exclusively a condom-only studio to filming and releasing "bareback" sex content. 
In 1998 Lucas founded his own production company, Lucas Entertainment, with money he earned from working as a male escort. He based the company in New York City (rather than Los Angeles, where many of the other pornography studios are located), in part, to take advantage of the lack of competition.
In 2004, Lucas Distribution, Inc., his adult video distribution company, began operations. Lucas directs, produces and stars in his own films under the Lucas Entertainment banner. In March 2009 the studio hired Mr. Pam Doré as creative director of film and production. Doré was the videographer and editor for NakedSword's Tim & Roma Show. Doré, a 12-year veteran of the business, had shot and edited award-winning movies for COLT Studio Group and Black Scorpion Entertainment, amongst others. She was nominated at the 2009 GayVN Awards for best director and cinematography for the studio's 2008 Return to Fire Island. In an interview, mr. Pam stated that she fulfills many roles on set, including "kick-ass cameraman, slutty friend or 'Mommy' if the boys need a hug or someone to talk with."
The studio announced on Lucas's blog in July 2009 that it was opening a European headquarters in Paris. The new office will centralize production services, including casting, filming, and promotions. The studio last filmed in France in October 2001 for Inside Paris, and announced it was to begin filming Paris Playboys in the city's gay district, Le Marais.
The studio is known for lavish, big-budget productions that approach gay pornography combining technical filmmaking expertise and raunch. The studio released its Gigolo in 2007. The film explored the underworld of New York City escorting and hustling. When same-year The Intern won more GayVN Awards than the big production Gigolo, studio head Lucas was bothered, stating that "even a retard" would not have chosen the one over the other.
Michael Lucas' Dangerous Liaisons
In the summer of 2005 Lucas released Michael Lucas' Dangerous Liaisons; the film featured celebrity cameos from RuPaul, Boy George, Graham Norton, Bruce Vilanch, Lady Bunny, Amanda Lepore, and Michael Musto.
Michael Lucas' La Dolce Vita
In 2006, the studio released Michael Lucas' La Dolce Vita Parts 1 & 2, a gay pornographic remake of the 1960 Fellini classic La Dolce Vita. At a budget of $250,000, the studio contends it is the most expensive gay pornographic film ever made. The film won a record fourteen awards at the 2007 GayVN Awards, winning in every category in which it was nominated.
In February 2007, International Media Films, Inc., which owns the rights to Fellini's La Dolce Vita, filed suit against Lucas (as Andrei Treivas Bregman), Lucas Entertainment, Inc., and Lucas Distribution, Inc. for trademark and copyright infringement. The lawsuit seeks to collect unspecified damages and to stop sales of Michael Lucas' La Dolce Vita Parts 1 & 2. At the preliminary injunction hearing in April, 2007, the attorney for the plaintiff asked the judge to enjoin further distribution of Lucas' film, which he refused to do.
Men of Israel
In May 2009, Lucas Entertainment filmed the first gay porn film using only Israeli models. The production was billed as a sexual journey to promote Israeli culture. In June 2009 the company launched its Men of Israel website to promote the film, which announced its release for July 22.
The film received press coverage. Writing in Tablet Magazine, Wayne Hoffman observed that although mainstream publications from The Atlantic to Out Magazine to Yedioth Aharonoth called the project a landmark as the first gay adult film to feature an all-Israeli cast, Hoffman felt it was a landmark for featuring the first all-Jewish cast.
Lucas, however, openly opposed the New York City's Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community Center's recent (2011) decision to allow a group that opposes Israeli government policies toward Palestinians to meet there. "Calling the Center an 'anti-Israeli nest' and [Glennda] Testone [the Center's executive director] and Mario Palumbo, the Center's board president, 'staunch anti-Zionists,' Lucas, in a series of emails, asked friends to stop donating to the Center and to contact elected officials to stop any government support." "Asked ... to compare the response to his most recent boycott threat to [an] earlier one, Lucas wrote, 'This group has had their first and last meeting in the Center. If someone fucks with Israel, I fuck them back. And I usually win.'”
Lucas Entertainment – The flagship brand featuring gay sex with men in their 20s and 30s.
Lucas Raunch – An extreme fetish line. The first releases were FARTS! and PISS!. In February 2009 the Canadian Border Services Agency detained and banned both films. The CBSA's Policy On The Classification Of Obscene Material states that the "ingestion of someone else's urine... with a sexual purpose" made the films obscene, which was cause for banning them.
Sex In Suits – The studio's third line to be launched as its own independent website. Sex In Suits collects Lucas Entertainment's "Gentlemen" line of gay adult films featuring men in suits and other business-oriented items. The scenes are filmed in professional settings, allowing the studio to take advantage of its New York City home base. Current scenes on the Sex In Suits website feature bareback sex content.
In 2007 LE sent out a fake press release stating that Lucas had been found dead in his apartment. A photo accompanying the release showed what appeared to be a bound, lifeless Lucas with a conspicuous bruise on his face. New York magazine's Daily Intel blog questioned the timing of the stunt, which occurred one week after the surprise death of New York performer and Velvet Mafia singer Dean Johnson. The resulting media attention won the studio an Xbiz Award for Best Publicity Stunt.
In conjunction with the German publisher Bruno Gmünder, the studio released the photography book Michael Lucas' Gigolos, which featured many LE models in highly sexualized situations. It included work by photographer Joe Oppedisano, and was lauded for its high production quality as it was designed to be a pornographic fashion book to accompany the studio's film release Gigolos.
After the Lucas Raunch releases FARTS! and PISS! were banned in Canada, Lucas released a letter in the media addressed to President Barack Obama asking for him to intercede on the studio's behalf at an upcoming summit with the Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper.
The LGBT blog Queerty responded to a studio marketing video that showed Michael Lucas simulating oral sex both with and on a Barbie doll. While acknowledging the overt attempt to draw traffic to his site with the video as linkbait, Queerty expressed admiration for Lucas' ability to create buzz for his company in the rapidly changing adult entertainment industry.
Awards and recognition
Timothy Greenfield-Sanders profiled Lucas in his 2004 book XXX: 30 Porn Star Photographs and the accompanying HBO documentary Thinking XXX. Greenfield-Sanders asked Lucas, then still primarily known as a performer, for a list of his ten favorite films; the films he listed were all from his own production company.
At the 2009 GayVN Awards studio head Lucas was inducted into the GayVN Hall of Fame.
|2000||Fire Island Cruising||Michael Lucas||GayVN Award for Best Solo Performance
|2001||Top to Bottom||GayVN Award for Best Ethnic-Themed Video|
|GayVN Award for Best Threesome
Grabby Award for Best Threesome
|2004||Michael Lucas' Auditions 1||GayVN Awards for Best PRO/AM Release|
|2005||Michael Lucas' Dangerous Liaisons||Gus Mattox
|Grabby Award for Best Actor (Mattox)
GayVN Awards for Best DVD Extras/Special Edition; Best Screenplay (Tony DiMarco); Best Supporting Actor (Larson); Best Picture;
|Michael Lucas' Auditions 4||GayVN Awards for Best PRO/AM Release|
|2006||Michael Lucas' La Dolce Vita||Michael Lucas
|GayVN Awards for Best Actor (Lucas); Best Art Direction; Best Director (Lucas and Tony DiMarco); Best DVD Extras/Special Edition; Best Editing (Frank Tyler); Best Marketing Campaign; Best Music (Nekked); Best Non-Sex Performance (Savanna Samson); Best Packaging; Best Screenplay (Tony DiMarco); Best Supporting Actor (Quest); Best Threesome (Lucas/Ridge/Hanson); Best Videography; Best Picture;|
|2007||The Intern||Christian Cruz||GayVN Awards for Best Non-Sex Performance (Jason Shepard); Best Renting Title of 2007; Best Sex Comedy; Best Supporting Actor (Cruz)|
|2008||Brother Reunion||GayVN Awards for Best Non-Sex Performance (Lady Bunny)|
|Return to Fire Island||GayVN Awards for Best Packaging|
|2011||XBIZ Award for Gay Web Company of the Year|
|2012||Assassin||XBIZ Award for Gay Movie of the Year|
|2013||XBIZ Award for Gay Studio of the year|
|2014||Original Sinners||XBIZ Award for Gay Movie of the Year|
- Vito Gallo
- Rod Daily
- Andy O'Neill
- Tag Adams
- Chris Crocker
- Rafael Alencar
- Ben Andrews
- Rod Barry
- Nick Capra
- Matt Cole
- Adam Killian
- Eddie Diaz
- Derrick Hanson
- Steve Holmes
- Wolf Hudson
- Brett M. Hunt
- Chad Hunt
- Wilfried Knight
- Michael Lucas
- Gus Mattox
- Arpad Miklos
- Vin Nolan
- Spencer Quest
- Zack Randall
- Jason Ridge
- Cole Ryan
- Rob Romoni
- Joe Strong
- Jonathan Vargas
- Jackson Wild
- Scott Tanner
- Manuel Torres
- Diesel Washington
- Kurt Wild
- List of performers in gay porn films
- List of gay pornographic movie studios
- Video Interview with Michael Lucas at Philadelphia's QFest 2010
- Canadian border officials ban Lucas fetish flicks, Brent Creelman, Xtra.ca, February 12, 2009.
- Adams, JC (August 11, 2008). "Michael Lucas in Bed With mr. Pam. Lucas Entertainment signs gay adult's only female videographer to exclusive contract". XBIZ. Retrieved 16 November 2008. Reprint from GayPornTimes.com.
- Van Meter, William (October 30, 2006). "The Lion of Chelsea". New York Movies. New York Magazine Holdings LLC. Retrieved 2007-01-09.
- Review of Lucas Entertainment, The Banana Guide, June 2009.
- Michael Lucas' 'La Dolce Vita' Sets GAYVN Record, Chicagopride.com, February 26, 2007.
- GayVN Award Nominations
- Sensitive Gay Porn Technology Smuggled to Israel, Ryan Tate, Gawker, May 8, 2009.
- What Fun Stories Will Michael Lucas Bring Back From Israel?, Queerty, May 8, 2009.
- Lucas Launches 'Men of Israel' Microsite, JC Adams, XBiz News, June 30, 2009
- Great Exxxpectations, Wayne Hoffman, Tablet Magazine, July 21, 2009. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "Tablet" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- Gay-Porn Mogul Hopes to Arouse Interest in Israel, David Graham, Newsweek, September 23, 2009.
- First-Ever All-Israeli Gay Porn Movie, DNA magazine, May 9, 2009. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "DNA" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- Lucas Entertainment Launches European Headquarters in Paris, Michael Lucas, Lucasblog.com, July 16, 2009.
- Oswoski, Kevin (April 22, 2005), "Adult film producer fleshes out his 'fantasy' at tea", Yale Daily News, retrieved from www.yaledailynews.com on August 31, 2006.
- Mao, Tien (June 21, 2006),Michael Lucas, CEO Lucas Entertainment, retrieved December 18, 2006 from www.gothamist.com
- Lucas Entertainment Hires Mr. Pam As Creative Director, G. Zisk Rice, Adult Video News, August 11, 2008.
- Lucas Entertainment's "Gigolo" Hits The Streets, G. Zisk Rice, Adult Video News, November 28, 2007.
- Michael Lucas Hates Himself, Queerty.com, February 17, 2008.
-  Plot summary, IMDb
- List of credits at the tlavideo online video store, retrieved from www.tlavideo.com January 9, 2007
- "Michael Lucas’ ’La Dolce Vita’ Sets GAYVN Record"
- "Copy of Complaint" (PDF). Online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents. February 15, 2007.
- "NYC film company claims gay porn infringes on film classic 'La Dolce Vita'". International Herald Tribune. February 15, 2007.
- "International Media Films, Inc. v. Lucas Entertainment, Inc. et al.". Dockets.justia.com/docket/court-nysdce. February 15, 2007.
- "Judge Refuses to Enjoin "Michael Lucas's La Dolce Vita"". Blogs.wsj.com. May 4, 2007.
- 'Men of Israel': The new box-office stud?, Los Angeles Times blog, July 27, 2009.
- 'Men of Israel': The new box-office stud?, Patrick Goldstein, LA Times blog, July 22, 2009.
- DUNCAN OSBORNE (June 2, 2011). "BREAKING: LGBT Center 'Apartheid,' Access Controversies Lead to "Indefinite Moratorium"". Gay City News.
- Michael Lucas Implores Obama, Harper to Talk About Porn, AVN News, February 20, 2009.
- Lucas Entertainment Launches New Porn Site SEX IN SUITS, September 05, 2012
- Michael Lucas Found Dead, Paper Magazine, October 2007.
- Anna Wintour à la Mode Bear Stearns, Really Into Bridge Gay-Porn King Michael Lucas Picks Wrong Time to Laugh at Death, New York Magazine, October 4, 2007.
- X Biz Award Winners
- Michael Lucas’ Gigolos, Jason Salzenstein, EDGE Boston, October 6, 2008.
- Michael Lucas Gigolos, BeautifulMag review, October 27, 2008.
- MICHAEL LUCAS REQUESTS PRESIDENTIAL AID TO COMBAT CANADIAN CUSTOMS CRISIS, Lucasblog.com, February 19, 2009.
- Is Michael Lucas a Porn Marketing Genius, Queerty, February 26, 2009.
- Greenfield-Sanders, Timothy, Photographer (2005). XXX 30 Porn-Star Portraits. New York, New York: Bulfinch Press. ISBN 0-8212-7754-5.
- Greenfield-Sanders, Timothy, Director (2004). Thinking XXX (TV Documentary). HBO.
- XBIZ Announces Finalist Nominees for 2010 XBIZ Awards, XBIZ, Wednesday, Dec 16, 2009