Paquetá with Brazil U20 in 2017
|Full name||Lucas Tolentino Coelho de Lima|
|Date of birth||27 August 1997|
|Place of birth||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10:30, 14 January 2021 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 08:28, 22 November 2020 (UTC)
Lucas Tolentino Coelho de Lima (Brazilian Portuguese: [ˈlukaʃ pakɛˈta]; born 27 August 1997), or simply Lucas Paquetá, is a Brazilian professional footballer who plays as an attacking midfielder for French Ligue 1 club Lyon and the Brazil national team.
Lucas Paquetá arrived at Flamengo in 2007 at the age of 10. At the age of 15, he was very technically skilled but did not have the physicality of other players his age (he was only 5 ft tall). By age 18, however, he had grown 27 cm (10.6 inches). With the Flamengo youth team he won the 2016 Copa São Paulo de Júniores title, the most important youth tournament in Brazil. Alongside other standout players Léo Duarte, Felipe Vizeu and Ronaldo, Lucas was promoted the club's professional team right after the competition.
In March 2016 Paquetá got promoted to Flamengo's professional team and signed a contract extension until 2020. On 5 March 2016, Lucas debuted as a starter in a 3–1 win over Bangu in a 2016 Rio de Janeiro State League match. Paquetá scored his first professional goal on 19 February 2017 in a 4–0 victory against Madureira at the Estádio Raulino de Oliveira in Volta Redonda.
Paquetá scored in both the 2017 Copa do Brasil final in a 1–1 draw against Cruzeiro at the Maracanã Stadium and in the 2017 Copa Sudamericana final against Independiente, also a 1–1 draw in the Maracanã. In both matches, Flamengo were defeated and were runners-up to their opponents in the competitions. In the Copa Sudamericana final, he was named the best Flamengo player in the match. He finished 2017 being considered by fans to be, alongside Juan, the highlight of Flamengo.
In the 2018 Campeonato Carioca, Lucas Paquetá was chosen as the best left-winger of the tournament and was the only Flamengo player selected to the team of the tournament.
On 10 October 2018, news agencies across Brazil and Italy reported that a €35M deal had been agreed between A.C. Milan and Flamengo for the transfer of player, beating stiff competition from French club Paris Saint-Germain.
On 4 January 2019, the transfer was made official, with Milan announcing the player had signed a five-year contract. He chose to wear the shirt number 39. Because of his mother's Portuguese descent, he was eligible for registration as a European player.
Paquetá made his club debut on 12 January 2019, playing 85 minutes before being replaced by Fabio Borini as Milan beat Sampdoria 2–0 in extra time in the Coppa Italia. Four days later, Paquetá played in the 2018 Supercoppa Italiana, held at the King Abdullah Sports City in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, where Juventus beat Milan 1–0. On 21 January 2019, Paquetá made his Serie A debut in a 2–0 win over Genoa at the Stadio Luigi Ferraris. During the match, Paquetá performed a 'rainbow flick' over opponent Daniel Bessa. Paquetá scored his first goal for Milan in 3–0 win against Cagliari, scoring the second goal. He dedicated his goal for the victims of a fire at his old club Flamengo, all members of the under-15 team.
On 1 April 2016, Paquetá was called up for the first time to represent Brazil U20 in two friendly matches in Europe. He scored his first goal in his debut in a 2–1 win against England U20 on 4 September.
When he was 18, Paquetá was called to practice with the Brazil U23 team in preparation for the 2016 Summer Olympics. Coach Rogério Micale called some younger players born in 1997 and 1998, including Lucas, to participate in group training in hopes of them eventually competing in the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo.
He received his first official call-up to the under-23 team in March 2020.
In 2018, he was selected to be one of the twelve alternatives for the Brazilian national team by coach Tite for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia. Of the 35 players on the 23-man roster and provisional roster, Lucas was the youngest.
On 17 August 2018, Paquetá was called for the first time for the Brazilian national team by manager Tite to play in friendly matches against United States and El Salvador in September. On 7 September, he made his debut with the national team, coming off the bench to replace Philippe Coutinho in the 71st minute during a friendly match against the United States. On 23 March 2019, he scored his first goal in a 1–1 friendly draw against Panama, wearing Brazil's iconic No. 10 shirt. In May 2019, he was included in Brazil's 23-man squad for the 2019 Copa América.
- As of match played 9 January 2021.
- One appearance in Campeonato Carioca, one appearance in Primeira Liga.
- Appearance(s) in Copa Sudamericana.
- Six appearances and two goals in Campeonato Carioca, two appearances in Primeira Liga.
- Appearance(s) in Copa Libertadores.
- Appearance(s) in Campeonato Carioca.
- Appearance in Supercoppa Italiana.
- As of match played 18 November 2020.
- Scores and results list Brazil's goal tally first, score column indicates score after each Paquetá goal.
|1.||23 March 2019||Estádio do Dragão, Porto, Portugal||Panama||1–0||1–1||Friendly|
|2.||19 November 2019||Mohammed bin Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates||South Korea||1–0||3–0||Friendly|
- Campeonato Carioca Team of the Year: 2018
- Bola de Prata: 2018
- Campeonato Brasileiro Série A Team of the Year: 2018
- "Flamengo é tricampeão da Copa São Paulo de Futebol Jr". flamengo.com.br. 25 January 2016. Retrieved 5 January 2017.
- "Destaque no título da Copinha, Lucas Paquetá renova com o Flamengo". Gazeta Esportiva. 4 March 2016. Retrieved 5 January 2017.
- "Base decide, Muralha pega pênalti, e Fla vence Bangu de virada por 3 a 1". globoesporte.com. 5 March 2016. Retrieved 5 January 2017.
- "Football: Flamengo's Lucas Paqueta to join AC Milan | The Star Online". www.thestar.com.my. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- Milan, A. C. "OFFICIAL STATEMENT: LUCAS PAQUETÁ". AC Milan. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- "AC Milan sign Paqueta for €35m in January". ESPN.com. 4 January 2019. Retrieved 4 February 2019.
- "Lucas Paquetá realiza exames médicos para assinar com o Milan". Globoesporte (in Portuguese). Retrieved 10 October 2018.
- Revealed: Why Paqueta's arrival at AC Milan is even more worthwhile
- "Coppa Italia". Legaseriea. 12 January 2019. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- "Sampdoria 0 AC Milan 2 (after extra time): Super-sub Cutrone spares Rossoneri". Goal. 12 January 2019. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- "Italian Supercup to be played in Saudi Arabia". Juventus. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- "Lucas Paquetá Scores His First Goal For AC Milan And Dedicates The Moment To Flamengo". www.sportbible.com. 11 February 2019. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- "Lucas Paquetá joins OL on a five year contract". OL.fr/en (Press release). Olympique Lyonnais. Retrieved 30 September 2020.
- "Felipe Vizeu e Lucas Paquetá são convocados para Seleção sub-20". flamengo.com.br. 1 April 2016. Retrieved 5 January 2017.
- "Lucas Paquetá é um dos sparrings da Seleção Olímpica". flamengo.com.br. 21 July 2016. Retrieved 5 January 2017.
- "Lista de 35 de Tite para a Copa tem três novatos: Dedé, Maicon e Paquetá". globoesporte.com. 25 May 2018. Retrieved 8 June 2018.
- "Tite convoca Seleção com Paquetá, Pedro, Dedé e Everton para amistosos". globoesporte.com. 17 August 2018. Retrieved 17 August 2018.
- "Usa v Brazil – match report". theguardian.com. 8 September 2019. Retrieved 15 April 2019.
- "Lucas Paqueta scores first Brazil goal in friendly draw with Panama". ESPN.com. 23 March 2019. Retrieved 15 April 2019.
- "Brazil name Copa America squad". Football Italia. 17 May 2019. Retrieved 21 May 2019.
- Giuffrida, Giacomo (23 January 2019). "Monza: arriva in prestito Matheus Paquetà, fratello di Lucas". MilanLive.it tutte le News del Milan prima degli altri (in Italian). Retrieved 31 January 2019.
- "Lucas Paquetá". National Football Teams. Benjamin Strack-Zimmerman. Retrieved 23 March 2019.
- "Flamengo x Fluminense - Campeonato Carioca 2017-2017". globoesporte.com (in Portuguese). Retrieved 30 August 2019.
- "Brazil 3–1 Peru". BBC Sport. 7 July 2019. Retrieved 9 July 2019.
- "Ferj divulga seleção do Campeonato Carioca: Fluminense e Vasco dominam indicações". UOL. 8 April 2018. Retrieved 9 April 2018.
- "Ferj divulga seleção do carioca com cinco jogadores do Flu e dois do Bota". Globoesporte.com. 8 April 2018. Retrieved 9 April 2018.
- "De 1970 a 2018: veja TODAS as seleções do Bola de Prata já eleitas". ESPN.com (in Portuguese). 3 December 2018. Retrieved 30 August 2019.
- "Prêmio Brasileirão 2018: confira os vencedores do ano". Confederação Brasileira de Futebol (in Portuguese). Retrieved 30 August 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lucas Paquetá.|
- Lucas Paquetá at Soccerway