|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Subsidiary Limited liability company|
|Industry||Animation, computer-generated imagery|
|Headquarters||Letterman Digital Arts Center
San Francisco, California, United States
(The Walt Disney Company) (2012-present)
|Subsidiaries||Lucasfilm Animation Singapore|
Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. LLC is an animation studio founded in 2003. Its first major production was the feature film Star Wars: The Clone Wars and its spin off television series. In September 2016, Dave Filoni, known for his contributions on Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels accepted a promotion to oversee the development of all future Lucasfilm Animation projects.
Lucasfilm Animation Singapore
Founded in 2004 in Singapore as a means to tap into the talent pool, Lucasfilm Animation Singapore (LAS) opened its doors in October 2005. LAS works closely with Lucasfilm Animation. The LAS production schedule also includes contributions to projects from other Lucasfilm companies. While the largest of LAS’ production groups focused on Star Wars: The Clone Wars, in July 2006 LAS announced the creation of the Game Group and the Digital Artists Group (DAG). With difficulty in meeting the technical and aesthetic requirements of Clone Wars, LAS was ultimately removed from the production and released a number of employees.
R2-D2 is featured in the company logo at the end of Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
The Digital Artists Group serves as an extension of Industrial Light & Magic, contributing to ILM's work on feature film visual effects. LAS had supported LucasArts’ video game productions and Lucasfilm Animation.
In November 2007, Lucasfilm Animation Singapore launched the Jedi Masters Program, a paid apprenticeship providing young artists with mentorship opportunities from industry professionals at ILM, LucasArts and Lucasfilm Animation. The Jedi Masters Program has classroom facilities within the Singapore studio and combines classroom instruction with mentored work in an actual production environment.
List of productions
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008) (released by Warner Bros. Pictures)
- Strange Magic (2015) (released by Touchstone Pictures)
- Lego Star Wars shorts for Cartoon Network:
- Lego Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Brick (2008) for Cartoon Network
- Lego Star Wars: The New Yoda Chronicles (2014) for Disney XD
- Star Wars: Clone Wars (2003–2005) for Cartoon Network
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008–2014) for Cartoon Network and Netflix
- Star Wars Rebels (2014–present) for Disney XD
- Lego Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures (2016-present) for Disney XD
- Star Wars Forces of Destiny
- Star Wars Detours (Shelved)
- Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars (2014) for Disney Channel and Disney XD
- Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion (2014) for Disney Channel and Disney XD
- Star Wars Rebels: The Siege of Lothal (2015) for Disney XD
- Star Wars Rebels: Twilight of the Apprentice (2016) for Disney XD
- Star Wars Rebels: Steps Into Shadow (2016) for Disney XD
- "Business Entity Detail: LUCASFILM ANIMATION LTD. LLC (search on Entity Number: 201233810027)". California Business Search. Califorina Secretary of State. Retrieved August 18, 2015.
- "Dave Filoni Now Overseeing Creative Development of New Lucasfilm Animation Projects". slashfilm.com. 26 September 2016. Retrieved 27 December 2016.
- "Lucasfilm's Sandcrawler Building Opens in Singapore - Lucasfilm News". lucasfilm.com. Retrieved 27 December 2016.
- Lucasfilm's Industrial Light + Magic Exploring Opening New Facility in Vancouver, The Hollywood Reporter
- "New Animated Series Star Wars Rebels Coming Fall 2014". StarWars.com. May 20, 2013. Retrieved May 20, 2013.
- "New Star Wars Animated Series in the Work". comingsoon.net. April 5, 2010. Retrieved January 7, 2013.