|Nickname(s): Home of Pahiyas|
|Motto: Yanong rikit baling ganda|
Map of Quezon showing the location of Lucban
|Region||CALABARZON (Region IV-A)|
|District||1st district of Quezon|
|• Mayor||Celso Olivier T. Dator|
|• Total||130.46 km2 (50.37 sq mi)|
|• Density||360/km2 (930/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Income class||2nd class; partially urban|
The Municipality of Lucban (Filipino: Bayan ng Lucban) is a second-class municipality in the province of Quezon, Philippines. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 46,698 people. It is located at the foot of Mount Banahaw.
Lucban is famous for its annual Pahiyas Festival, which is held every May 15 in honor of St Isidore the Laborer the Farmer.
Legend has it the town derives its name from the lucbán or pomelo tree. Three hunters from neighbouring Majayjay— namely Marcos Tigla, Luis Gamba and Lucas Mañawa— lost their way following the trail of wild animals at the foot of volcanic Mount Banahaw. Resting under a tree, they saw a crow (uwák) in the tree's branches, and believing this to be a bad omen, they moved to another place and rested again. Whilst in the shade of a large pomelo (lucbán) tree, the trio were attracted to a couple of kingfishers (salacsác) that were singing. Fascinated by the bird's beautiful plumage and rhythmic chirps, the superstitious hunters took this a sign of good fortune and thus settled in the place they named "Lucbán."
Lucban is politically subdivided into 32 barangays.
- Barangay 1 (Pob.)
- Barangay 2 (Pob.)
- Barangay 3 (Pob.)
- Barangay 4 (Pob.)
- Barangay 5 (Pob.)
- Barangay 6 (Pob.)
- Barangay 7 (Pob.)
- Barangay 8 (Pob.)
- Barangay 9 (Pob.)
- Barangay 10 (Pob.)
- Mahabang Parang
- Pogi si Reiden
|Population census of Lucban|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- Mayor: Celso Olivier T. Dator
- Vice Mayor: Ayelah B. Deveza
- Hon. Petronilo V. Faller, Municipal Councilor
- Hon. Armando V. Abutal, Municipal Councilor
- Hon. Federico B. Belen, Municipal Councilor
- Hon. Cornelio Raneses, Municipal Councilor
- Hon. John Alvin E. Avila, Municipal Councilor
- Hon. Alejandro B. Salvatierra, Municipal Councilor
- Hon. Agnes V. Araña, Municipal Councilor
- Hon. Enrique A. Buctil, Municipal Councilor
- Hon. Apolinario Q. Dela Cruz,(PPLB) Ex-Oficio Municipal Councilor
Lucban celebrates the Pahiyas Festival every 15th of May in honor of the patron saint of farmers, St Isidore the Labourer. Beginning with a 6:00am mass at the Lucban Church, this festival showcases a street of houses which are adorned with fruits, vegetables, agricultural products, handicrafts and kiping, a rice-made decoration, which afterwards can be eaten grilled or fried. The houses are judged and the best one is proclaimed the winner. Every year, tourists roam the municipality to witness the decoration of houses.
- Casa del Niño Jesus de Lucban - High School
- Banahaw View Academy
- Lucban Academy
- One in Christ Church School of Lucban Inc.
- Paaralang Sekundarya ng Lucban
- Nagsinamo National High School
- Steadfast Love Kiddie School
- Casa Del Niño Jesus de Lucban
- Good Shepherd Diocesan School-IFI
- Paaralang Elementarya ng Lucban 1
- Paaralang Elementarya ng Lucban 2
- Paaralang Elementarya ng Lucban 3A
- Paaralang Elementarya ng Lucban 3B
- Paaralang Elementarya ng Lucban 4
- Paaralang Elementarya ng Lucban 5
- Paaralang Elementarya ng Lucban 6
- Paaralang Elementarya ng Lucban 7
- Paaralang Elementarya ng Lucban-Maka
- Paaralang Elementarya ng Lucban-Mayit Manasa
- Paaralang Elementarya ng Lucban-Nagsinamo
- Paaralang Elementarya ng Lucban-Nakal
- Paaralang Elementarya ng Lucban-Piis
- Lucban Adventist Elementary School
- Lucban Christian School
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 11 September 2013. Retrieved 27 November 2013.
- "Province: QUEZON". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 27 November 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 27 November 2013.
- "Pahiyas Festival in Lucban, Quezon! Viva San Isidro Labrador!". ivanhenares.com. 18 May 2014. Retrieved 23 December 2014.
- www.gmanews.tv/video, iWitness: Ang kuwago ng Pahiyas, 05/27/2008
- manilatimes.net, Harvesting Pahiyas, A rice festival in the midst of a food crisis
- Philippine Independent Church
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lucban, Quezon.|
- Lucban, Quezon | Pahiyas Festival 2012
- Quezon Province Business Directory and Travel Guide
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
- Quezon Province Web Portal
- Lucenahin Community Website