Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts
Hochschule Luzern (HSLU)
Lucerne, Canton of Lucerne, Switzerland|
|Campus||Lucerne, Horw, Zug|
Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts (German: Hochschule Luzern) (HSLU) is one of seven regional, public-funded universities of applied sciences founded in 1997. The University was called University of Applied Sciences of Central Switzerland (German: Fachhochschule Zentralschweiz) until 15 October 2007. Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts is a Swiss public vocational university with campuses in Lucerne, Horw and Zug.
- School of Engineering and Architecture (Hochschule Luzern – Technik & Architektur)
- School of Information Technology (Hochschule Luzern – Informatik)
- Business School (Hochschule Luzern – Wirtschaft)
- School of Social work (Hochschule Luzern – Soziale Arbeit)
- School of Art and Design (Hochschule Luzern – Design & Kunst)
- Lucerne School of Music was formed in 1999 when the city's Conservatory of Music, Academy of Church Music, and Jazz School merged into a single university-status institution, called Hochschule Luzern – Musik.
The University offers English and German based education with levels from undergraduate to graduate. Bachelor, Master and certificate programs are available in fields like design, music, fine arts, animation 2D/3D, object design, banking & finance, international management & economics, sustainable energy systems, to list a few from the other variety courses they offer.
Beginning with Winter Semester 2018, the university announced that students can now study yodeling. This announcement drew press coverage due to its association with the German term Jodeldiplom, a term for a useless or vanity-driven degree. At the end of the course of study, the students will be awarded a Bachelor of Arts in music.
Notes and references
- "Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts Masterstudies". masterstudies.com.
- "Lucerne University of Applied Sciences & Arts - Eunicas". eunicas.ie.
- "Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts Innovative Conservatoire". innovativeconservatoire.com.
- "Lucerne University of Applied Sciences University Handbook". universitieshandbook.com.
- "Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts Study in Luzern". study-in-luzern.com.
- "Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts". mastersportal.eu.
- "Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts, Higher School of Music, Lucerne (Hochschule Luzern-Musik), Lucerne". idmmei.isme.org.
- "Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts - Art and Design". cumulusassociation.org.
- Kaufmann, Matthias (19 January 2018). "Endlich gibt's das Jodeldiplom" [At last, the yodeling diploma exists]. Der Spiegel. Retrieved 4 February 2018.
- ""Du dödl di" - Jodeln an der Universität" ["Du dödl di" - Yodeling at university]. Hamburger Abendblatt (in German). 22 January 2018. Retrieved 5 February 2018.
- Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts website
- Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts Factsheet by the Conference of the Universities of Applied Sciences Switzerland (PDF)
- Information about Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- Hochschule Luzern - Musik
- Welcome page (in English)