Looking south from Lucia.
|Elevation||354 ft (108 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||1660963|
Lucia is an unincorporated community in Monterey County, California. It is located 1 mile (1.6 km) east of Lopez Point, at an elevation of 354 feet (108 m). Lucia is one of the three small settlements of restaurants, and motels located along State Route 1 on the Big Sur coast. The ZIP Code is 93920, but mail sent to Lucia must be addressed "Big Sur". The community is inside area code 831.
A post office operated at Lucia from 1900 to 1933, moving in 1906, and from 1936 to 1938. The name honors Lucia Dani, its first postmaster. The movie Zandy's Bride is loosely based on the Harlan clan that still operates the facilities.
- "Lucia". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved March 17, 2015.
- "ZIP Code(tm) Lookup". United States Postal Service. Retrieved March 17, 2015.
- Durham, David L. (1998). California's Geographic Names: A Gazetteer of Historic and Modern Names of the State. Clovis, Calif.: Word Dancer Press. p. 921. ISBN 1-884995-14-4.
- USPS ZIP Code lookup tool Archived 2010-11-23 at WebCite
- "Monterey County Supervisorial District 5 Map (North District 5)" (PDF). County of Monterey. Archived from the original (PDF) on 1 July 2012. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- "Statewide Database". UC Regents. Retrieved February 2, 2015.
- "California's 20th Congressional District - Representatives & District Map". Civic Impulse, LLC. Retrieved September 24, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lucia, California.|
|This Monterey County, California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|