Lucia Mar Unified School District
This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: rm external links in main sections (March 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Lucia Mar Unified School District is the largest school district in San Luis Obispo County, with about 10,700 students. It covers 550 square miles (1,400 km2) at the southern end of the county, from Shell Beach (at the north end of Pismo Beach) to the county line at the Santa Maria River. This territory encompasses the communities of Shell Beach, Pismo Beach, Grover Beach, Arroyo Grande, Oceano, Halcyon, and Nipomo.
Central Coast New Tech High School opened in 2012 with a freshman class. The school added a freshman class each year, reaching all four classes in the 2015-16 school year. Two brand new schools have been built in Nipomo: Nipomo High School in 2002, and Dorothea Lange Elementary in 2006. A few years earlier, Lopez Continuation High Schooll moved to a brand new campus on the Nipomo Mesa. And Arroyo Grande High School underwent a major renovation with new Career Technical Education buildings and facilities, including a new pool, tennis courts and multi-purpose room. The 'Clark Center For The Performing Arts' opened on the Arroyo Grande High School campus in 2002. It is used by all the schools in the district and the community. A new gym was built for Mesa Middle School and a multi-purpose room with covered eating area was constructed at Paulding Middle School. All of this activity could not have happened without support from the community.
Lucia Mar is proud of the quality of its schools and educational programs. Its stated mission: "The mission of the Lucia Mar Unified School District is to engage, challenge, and inspire students through the power of learning."
- Branch Elementary School, K-6, California Distinguished School
- Dana Elementary School, K-6
- Dorothea Lange Elementary School, K-6
- Fairgrove Elementary School, K-6, California Distinguished School
- Grover Beach Elementary School, K-6
- Grover Heights Elementary School, K-6
- Harloe Elementary School, K-6, opened September 1955, California Distinguished School
- Nipomo Elementary, K-6
- Ocean View Elementary School, K-6, California Distinguished School and National Blue Ribbon School
- Oceano Elementary School, K-6
- Shell Beach Elementary School, K-6