Luciano Grostein Huck
September 3, 1971
|Programa H (1997–2000)|
Caldeirão do Huck (2000–present)
|Website||Luciano Huck's official page|
Luciano Grostein Huck (born September 3, 1971) is a Brazilian TV host and entrepreneur. Since 2000 he has hosted the TV show Caldeirão do Huck (lit. Huck's Cauldron), aired every Saturday on Brazilian network Rede Globo, and also broadcast to 114 countries, via Globo International.
Huck is also the founder of Joá Investments, an investment fund focused on technology and lifestyle start-up companies, that only makes partnerships with companies committed with sustainability and with the preservation of the environment. Among Joá's investments, there are Cataratas, that focus on sustainable tourism, Tembici, a bike-sharing and bike-parking system, and also Agrade Investments that works with start-ups in the USA.
Huck was born in São Paulo, the son of the lawyer Hermes Marcelo Huck and the urban planner Marta Dora Grostein, and half-brother of the film director Fernando Grostein Andrade. Huck is Jewish, being his maternal grandfather, Mauricio Grostein, native of the city of Ekaterinoslav, Soviet Union (currently Dnipro, Ukraine). He studied at the Law School of the University of São Paulo (USP).
His first direct connection with communication was as a writer at Jornal da Tarde newspaper in 1993. His job was to write a daily section called Circulando (Circulating), about youth behavior and entertainment. Huck also started working on a radio show aired by Rádio Jovem Pan.
Huck had his television debut in 1994 with a feature on TV show "Perfil" (Profile), presented by Otávio Mesquita. He was 24 when his newspaper page Circulando became a TV show under the same name, aired on network CNT Gazeta.
In September 1996 came his solo debut on TV, with TV show "H" on Rede Bandeirantes de Televisão; Luciano Huck was also the host of radio show Torpedo on Rádio Jovem Pan. At 27, Luciano Huck left the newspaper to work full-time on TV show "H".
Luciano Huck joined Rede Globo network in September 1999, to host Caldeirão do Huck. His program combines entertainment and charity work. On April 8, 2018, Caldeirão do Huck celebrated its eighteenth year on air.
Social entrepreneurship and politics
Luciano Huck is the founder and chairman of Instituto Criar, a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote youth professional, social and personal development by teaching them means of filmmaking. Over 2000 youth have enrolled in its educational program since it was established in 2004. He is also member of the civic movement Agora!
Luciano Huck has three children: Joaquim (born on March 8, 2005), Benício (born on November 3, 2007), and Eva (born on September 25, 2012).
|1995||Circulando||Columnist / Presenter||CNT Gazeta|
|1996–2000||Programa H||Presenter||Rede Bandeirantes|
|2000–present||Caldeirão do Huck||Presenter||Rede Globo|
|2004||Cabocla||Xexeú||Special guest||Rede Globo|
|2004||Quebrando a Rotina||Presenter||Rede Globo|
|2008||Beleza Pura||Himself||Special Guest||Rede Globo|
|2009||Geral.com||Himself||Season 2||Rede Globo|
|2010||As Cariocas||Augusto César||Episode: "A Traída da Barra" (Season 1, Episode 10)||Rede Globo|
|2011||Fina Estampa||Himself||Special Guest||Rede Globo|
|2012||Cheias de Charme||Himself||Special Guest||Rede Globo|
|2013||Amor à Vida||Himself||Special Guest||Rede Globo|
|2014||Geração Brasil||Himself||Special Guest||Rede Globo|
|2017–present||Quem quer ser um milionário?||Presenter||Rede Globo|
|2018||The Wall||Presenter||Rede Globo|
|2001||Xuxa e os Duendes||Tomate|
|2004||Um Show de Verão||Marcelo|
|2005||Turma da Mônica em Cine Gibi||Himself|
|2009||Xuxa em O Mistério de Feiurinha||Príncipe da Rapunzel|
|2010||Enrolados||Flynn Rider (Brazilian dub)|
|2011||Quebrando o Tabu||Himself|
|2012||Breaking the Taboo||Himself|
|2015||Até Que A Sorte Nos Separe 3: A Falência Final||Himself|
Huck received the Prêmio Extra de Televisão award for Best TV Host for 8 consecutive years (2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 and 2006), an accolade organized by Rio de Janeiro newspaper Extra, and it is similar to the People's Choice Awards.
Caldeirão do Huck also received the same award as Best Variety Show for 9 years (2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 and 2003), including an Outstanding Award for the feature Soletrando (a type of spelling bee) in 2007.
- "Feiticeira do lar". Revista Quem. Retrieved October 2, 2010.
- "Brazil Is Ready for Its Own TV Star President". Bloomberg.com. January 16, 2018. Retrieved May 8, 2018.
- "Huck completa 18 anos de Globo e reforça lado social do Caldeirão". Folha de S.Paulo (in Portuguese). April 7, 2018. Retrieved May 8, 2018.
- Miller, T. (2014). The Routledge Companion to Global Popular Culture. Routledge Media and Cultural Studies Companions. Taylor & Francis. p. 436. ISBN 978-1-136-17595-4. Retrieved May 15, 2018.
- "Homem de negócios | Radar". VEJA.com (in Portuguese). Retrieved May 8, 2018.
- "'Ele já é grande', diz pai de Luciano Huck – Agência Estado – UOL Notícias". UOL Notícias (in Portuguese). Retrieved May 8, 2018.
- "Irmão de Luciano Huck, Fernando Grostein Andrade fala da admiração pelo apresentador". Extra Online (in Portuguese). Retrieved May 8, 2018.
- "Conterrânea do avô de Luciano Huck embarca no 'Vou de Táxi' - Caldeirão do Huck". Caldeirão do Huck (in Portuguese).
- "O incrível Huck | EXAME". exame.abril.com.br (in Portuguese). Retrieved May 8, 2018.
- "Luciano Huck: De playboy da noite à ícone nacional". brazil.businesschief.com. Retrieved May 8, 2018.
- "Luciano Huck relembra passado na Band em entrevista ao Mais Você – Últimas Notícias – UOL TV e Famosos". UOL TV e Famosos (in Portuguese). Retrieved May 8, 2018.
- Cultura, SP (June 22, 2015). "Instituto Criar de Tv, Cinema e Novas Mídias – SP Cultura". SP Cultura (in Portuguese). Retrieved May 8, 2018.
- "Conheça a trajetória de Luciano Huck, o quase candidato". Gazeta do Povo (in Portuguese). Retrieved May 8, 2018.
- Geromel, Ricardo (October 19, 2017). "News From Brazil: Will Star Luciano Huck Run For President?". Forbes. Archived from the original on October 19, 2017. Retrieved May 15, 2018.CS1 maint: Unfit url (link)
- Jardim, Lauro. "Luciano Huck desiste de vez de ser candidato | Lauro Jardim – O Globo". Lauro Jardim – O Globo (in Portuguese). Retrieved May 8, 2018.
- Redação TV Globo. "Luciano Huck elogia Tata Werneck como uma das melhores aquisições da Globo". Retrieved July 15, 2013.
- "Prêmio Extra de TV: 'Caldeirão do Huck' é eleito mais uma vez o melhor programa". Extra Online (in Portuguese). Retrieved May 8, 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Luciano Huck.|