Lucius II (video game)
|Lucius II: The Prophecy|
|Engine||Unity (game engine)|
|Genre(s)||Survival horror, stealth, sandbox|
Lucius II: The Prophecy is a psychological horror stealth Sandbox game developed and published by Shiver Games for Microsoft Windows. It serves as a loose sequel to the game Lucius. Focusing on addressing the criticisms of linearity in the original Lucius, Lucius II offers players a variety of ways to complete their objectives. Players are given the supernatural powers of Mind Control, Telekinesis, and Pyrokinesis to use as they wish. Killing NPCs and finding secrets scattered throughout levels will allow players to level up in order to upgrade and earn new supernatural powers. The plot focuses on Lucius being sent to the psychiatric ward of St. Benedict's Hospital where he must escape to the nearby town of Ludlow. Along the way, he is assisted by Detective McGuffin, who realizes Lucius's true potential. A sequel, titled Lucius III, is scheduled to be released on December 13, 2018.
Announced on August 8, 2014, and later released in February 2015, it received mixed-negative reception from critics. Criticisms were pointed at the game's lack of polish, high amount of bugs, and broken A.I..
- Torfe, Pat (18 November 2018). "'Lucius III' Raises Hell on December 13th". Bloody Disgusting!. Retrieved 14 December 2018.
- O'Connor, Alice (8 August 2014). "Sandbox Sataning: Lucius 2 Announced". Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "Lucius II for PC Reviews". CBS Interactive. 13 February 2015. Retrieved 7 September 2018.
- "Lucius II for PC". GameRankings. Retrieved 12 April 2016.
- "Lucius II for PC Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 12 April 2016.
- Almogi, Gil (16 February 2015). "Lucius II: The Prophecy Review". Game Revolution. Retrieved 12 April 2016.
|This horror game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|