|Traded as||NASDAQ: LK|
|Founder||Jenny Qian Zhiya, Lu Zhengyao|
Number of locations
|3,680 <http://investor.luckincoffee.com/static-files/e228e5f9-e47f-47e4-b8dd-f1cabe870ebb> (November 2019)|
|Jenny Qian Zhiya (CEO), Lu Zhengyao (chairman)|
Luckin Coffee (Chinese: 瑞幸咖啡; pinyin: Ruìxìng Kāfēi) is a chain of coffee shops in China. The company was founded in Beijing in October 2017. Most of its outlets are small booths that fill online orders for pickup or delivery. It manages around 4,260 (Nov 2019) locations in China.
Luckin Coffee was launched in October 2017. By December 2017, 9 Luckin Coffee stores had opened.
The company has launched with a high-growth strategy to grab shares of China's booming coffee retail market, and to outnumber Starbucks' stores in China by the end of 2019.
On January 1, 2018, Luckin Coffee started its shops in Beijing and Shanghai. On May 8, 2018, it reached 525 active shops. On July 11, Luckin Coffee announced the completion of Series A financing, total US$20 million. Singapore government investment company (GIC) is on the investment company list. In August 2018, 809 shops were opened.
In 2018, Luckin spent three times as much as it earned to feed its growth strategy. In December 2018, Luckin raised new investor funding in the amount of US$200 million in this month. The company now has a valuation of over two billion dollars. On 16 May 2019, Luckin Coffee started trading on the NASDAQ at $17 a share. After reaching $25.96 on the first day, the stock plunged back to $16 on its second day of Nasdaq trading.
Purchases can only be made through the Luckin mobile application.
Luckin offers coffee-based drinks regularly found in other coffee shops, and has a selection of recipes custom-made for the palates of the Chinese consumers.
- "China's Luckin Coffee takes on Starbucks". Cnbc.com. Retrieved 28 December 2018.
- "This coffee company thinks it can beat Starbucks in China". Cnn.com. Retrieved 28 December 2018.
- "Luckin Coffee, China's Newest Unicorn, is Challenging Starbucks' Market Stranglehold". Radiichina.com. 26 July 2018. Retrieved 30 December 2018.
- Alfred Romann (17 May 2019). "Crazy cheap cappuccinos: China's Luckin Coffee chain goes public". Aljazeera.com. Retrieved 3 July 2019.
- Maggie Fitzgerald (16 June 2019). "Wall Street sees major growth potential for Luckin in untapped Chinese coffee market". Cnbc.com. Retrieved 17 June 2019.
- 「星巴克勁敵」展開融資 瑞幸咖啡有意於香港、紐約上市 YAHOO!奇摩, November 8, 2018
- 郭谨一：如果创业是马拉松 瑞幸咖啡刚刚是前五 新浪財經，November 20, 2018
- 完成2亿美元A轮融资 瑞幸咖啡做好了长期亏损准备？ 手机金融界，2018年7月11日
- 疯狂的瑞幸 年内目标开店2000家 能成功狙击星巴克吗？ 证券时报网，2018年8月2日
- 布局咖啡厅“店中店” 瑞幸的攻防战 新浪财经，October 10, 2018
- 瑞幸咖啡与腾讯签署战略合作 中国咖啡市场及发展前景分析 凤凰网，September 7, 2018
- 中国咖啡市场白热化 瑞幸咖啡与腾讯达成战略合作 搜狐网，September 6, 2018
- luckin coffee在故宫开店了，文案设计满分！ 微信公众平台，September 21, 2018
- Mary Hui (14 May 2019). "What you can eat and drink at Starbucks's China rival". Qz.com. Retrieved 3 July 2019.
- Amelia Lucas, Leslie picker (16 May 2019). "Starbucks' China challenger Luckin Coffee prices IPO at $17 a share". Cnbc.com. Retrieved 17 June 2019.
- Janet Freund (23 May 2019). "Luckin Coffee Burns Investors With 39% Plunge". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 3 July 2019.
- Paul R. La Monica (17 May 2019). "Luckin Coffee surges in Wall Street debut". Cnn.com. Retrieved 3 July 2019.
|This Chinese corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|