Vanessa Hudgens covering the November 2008 issue
|Final issue||June 2015|
Operations and history
Kim France founded Lucky and was its first editor-in-chief, a position she held for almost ten years. Brandon Holley replaced France as editor-in-chief in 2010. In June 2013, Eva Chen replaced Holley in the post. She resigned from the post in April 2015.
- From the magazine industry
When Lucky was first released, it received criticism for its content that bordered between editorial and advertising. The American Society of Magazine Editors was skeptical of Lucky 's business practices in featuring products. Lucky 's reputation grew to a more positive one as time progressed. Simon Dumenco, a columnist at New York Magazine initially gave a negative assessment, but later praised the magazine for focusing on the merits of a product rather than advertising it through celebrity endorsements like other women's magazines. David Carr and Jeremy W. Peters said in an article published in The New York Times: "It was, in retrospect, ahead of its time, a print rendering of a shopping portal on the Web. It was well received by both the news media and advertisers, in part because it was a well executed magazine that did not take itself too seriously."
- From the advertising industry
- "eCirc for Consumer Magazines". Alliance for Audited Media. December 31, 2012. Retrieved June 21, 2013.
- Lucky Fact Sheet
- "Lucky Magazine Goes Quarterly". AdWeek. May 19, 2015. Retrieved August 17, 2015.
- Since Lucky's launch in December 2000, circulation has gone from 500,000 to over 1 million, proving to be one of the most successful launches in Condé Nast history.[third-party source needed]
- "Lucky Magazine's iPhone Shopping Tool". The New York Times.
- Gina Marinelli (June 15, 2015). "Breaking: Lucky Magazine Shuts Down Print". Refinery29. Retrieved August 17, 2015.
- Lauren Indvik (May 19, 2015). "Lucky magazine reduces publication to quarterly". Fashionista. Retrieved August 17, 2015.
- Fine, Jon. "Magazine of the year: Lucky." Advertising Age 74, no. 42 (October 20, 2003): S1,S4.
- Carr, David, and Jeremy W. Peters. "The Editor of Lucky Magazine Is Replaced." New York Times (September 9, 2010): 8.
- "Media Insight: Lucky Magazine." PR News 57, no. 14 (April 2, 2001): 1.