Lucky Diamond Rich
Lucky Diamond Rich
Gregory Paul McLaren
1971 (age 47–48)
|Occupation||Performance artist, street performer, performer at the International Arts Festival|
|Known for||World's most tattooed person|
Gregory Paul McLaren (born 1971, New Zealand) who goes by the name of Lucky Diamond Rich, is an New Zealand performance artist, street performer and international arts festival performer, whose act includes sword swallowing and juggling on a unicycle. He is best known, however, for holding the Guinness World Record as "the world's most tattooed person", a title formerly held by Tom Leppard. Rich has tattoos covering his entire body, including the insides of his eyelids, mouth, ears and foreskin. He has held the certified record since 2006, being 100 percent tattooed.
Inspiration and first tattoo
Rich was born in New Zealand. As a young boy, he read about and became interested in the most tattooed men and women. It did not go much further than just a thought until he got his first tattoo, which was of a small juggling club on his hip.
He went on to tattoo every part of his body including every crevice and intimate area. He has tattooed some white over his black tattoos and added colour. His tattoos have taken over a thousand hours to ink, and have been worked on by hundreds of tattoo artists.
- Mary Gardner (July 19, 2011). Big Ten Questions with Lucky Diamond Rich Archived 2012-11-03 at the Wayback Machine. tattooroadtrip.com.
- Guinness World Records. "Most Tattooed Person". Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- Totaro, Paola (December 16, 2004). "Sydney's Lucky Diamond". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved May 13, 2012.
- Brown, Thom. "An Interview with Lucky Diamond Rich by Thom Green of Mantra". Archived from the original on March 22, 2008. Retrieved 2007-05-07.CS1 maint: unfit url (link)
- Wynn, Kirsty (November 20, 2011). "Lucky sharing his tattoo at gathering of ink fans". NZ Herald. Retrieved May 13, 2012.
- Media related to Lucky Diamond Rich at Wikimedia Commons