Lucky Man (Montgomery Gentry song)
|Single by Montgomery Gentry|
|from the album Some People Change|
|Released||January 29, 2007|
|Montgomery Gentry singles chronology|
"Lucky Man" is a song written by David Lee and Dave Turnbull, and recorded by American country music duo Montgomery Gentry that reached the top of the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart and stayed there for two weeks. It was released in January 2007 as the second single from their album Some People Change, and the duo's third Number One single overall.
The song received a 2008 nomination for Grammy Award for Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal, the duo's first nomination.
The song opens with the narrator listing various small things that annoy him, such as his job and the weather; however, he then reminds himself, "But I know I'm a lucky man / God's given me a pretty fair hand", and turns to recounting all of the luxuries in his life, from his family to his health to his truck to his new fishing rod.
The song's second line, "And last Sunday, when my Bengals lost / Lord, it put me in a bad mood" was edited for different markets; eighty-one additional team names from both the professional and college football leagues were used (in place of the Cincinnati Bengals) in these different edits, depending on the market.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Billboard Hot 100||65|
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||88|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||15|
- Vaught, Larry (6 December 2007). "Breaking News: Montgomery Gentry nominated for Grammy Award". Central Kentucky News. Archived from the original on 2 April 2012. Retrieved 16 September 2011.
- "Montgomery Gentry Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "Montgomery Gentry Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Montgomery Gentry Chart History (Canadian Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Best of 2007: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2007. Retrieved December 13, 2007.
|This 2000s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|