Portland, Oregon, U.S.
|Headquarters||Alameda, California, U.S.|
Number of locations
|Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, Oregon, Texas, Virginia, Washington and Washington D.C.|
|Revenue||$57 million (2007)|
Lucy Activewear (sometimes styled as "lucy" rather than "Lucy"), formerly known as Lucy.com, is an American clothing retailer based in Alameda, California. Founded in November 1999 by former Nike executives, it specializes in activewear for women, including clothing intended for use during yoga. It designs, manufactures and sells its own product lines, including items such as jackets, bras, tops, and bottoms.
Initially an online-only retailer, Lucy opened brick and mortar stores in 2002 after the bursting of the dot-com bubble; for several years, the company completely shut down its web store. It was at that time the company changed its name from "Lucy.com" to "Lucy Activewear". Though based in Portland, it did not open a store there in 2002 and did not have a retail presence in Oregon until it opened stores in Portland's Pearl District and Bridgeport Village two years later. Today, Lucy has 60 stores located across the United States, primarily in California.
- "lucy (Media Kit)" (PDF). Lucy Activewear, Inc. Retrieved May 21, 2009.
- Colbert, Catherine. "Lucy Activewear. Inc. (Company Description)". Hoovers. Retrieved May 21, 2009.
- "Lucy Activewear, Inc. (Private Company Information)". BusinessWeek.com. Retrieved June 15, 2009.
- "Lucy Activewear expanding". Portland Business Journal. September 19, 2008. Retrieved May 21, 2009.
- Lloyd, Woods (July 29, 2005). "Lucy Activewear begins major expansion effort". Portland Business Journal. Retrieved May 21, 2009.
- "Lucy moving headquarters downtown". Portland Business Journal. January 22, 2008. Retrieved June 7, 2009.
|This business-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United States retail business article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Oregon-corporate or for-profit organization related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|