|Born||Lucy Clare Davis
2 January 1973
Solihull, Warwickshire, England, UK
|Spouse(s)||Owain Yeoman (2006–2011; divorced)|
Lucy Clare Davis (born 2 January 1973) is an English actress. She is best known for playing the character Dawn Tinsley in the BBC comedy The Office, as Dianne in the horror-comedy movie Shaun of the Dead and formerly played Hayley in The Archers.
Davis appeared briefly in an episode of The Detectives, a show created by and starring her father (Jasper Carrott). She played Maria Lucas in the BBC's 1995 production of Pride and Prejudice and also had a role in the 1996 Christmas special of One Foot in the Grave. After her breakthrough role in The Office, she appeared in the film Sex Lives of the Potato Men and Shaun of the Dead (both 2004), whilst continuing to play Hayley Jordan in The Archers on BBC Radio 4. She gave up the latter role when her other acting responsibilities made it impossible to continue; the part was recast in September 2005.
In 2006, Davis appeared as the 'Fashion TV' host on ABC's hit Ugly Betty, and later that year played writer Lucy Kenwright in NBC's Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. In 2008, she appeared in several episodes of the U.S. series Reaper. In 2010 Davis starred in ITV's six-episode comedy drama, Married Single Other, and also appeared in a guest role in The Mentalist alongside her then husband Owain Yeoman.
Davis also stars in the John Landis-produced thriller Some Guy Who Kills People. In 2012, Davis had a guest voice part in Family Guy for the episode "Be Careful What You Fish For". Davis appeared in series two, episode 8 of the BBC series Death in Paradise (2013). She became a Patron for the performing arts group Theatretrain in 2012.
Davis is the daughter of comedian Jasper Carrott. She underwent a kidney transplant after being diagnosed with kidney failure during a medical examination that she underwent prior to taking up her role in Pride & Prejudice. Her mother, Hazel, donated the kidney. Around Christmas 2005 she was hospitalised once again because of kidney failure, but has since recovered. Davis is also a diabetic.
On 9 December 2006, Davis married Welsh actor Owain Yeoman at St Paul's Cathedral, London. The wedding was attended by fellow The Office stars and writers. Davis and Yeoman were permitted to marry there as her father, Jasper Carrott, was awarded an OBE in the New Year's Honours in 2002 and St Paul's contains the Chapel of the Order. The couple divorced in October 2011.
- The Archers (1995-2005) (radio soap opera) as Hayley Jordan
- Pride and Prejudice (1995) (mini-series) as Maria Lucas
- One Foot In The Grave (1996) (Starbound) as Mrs. Blanchard
- Belfry Witches (2000) as Old Noshie
- The Office (2001–03) as Dawn Tinsley (cast member)
- Murder in Mind (2002)
- Nicholas Nickleby (2002)
- Sex Lives of the Potato Men (2004)
- Shaun of the Dead (2004) as Dianne
- Black Books (2004)
- Johnny Test (2005)
- Rag Tale (2005)
- Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties (2006)
- Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip (2006) as Lucy Kenwright (staff writer on 'show within a show')
- Ugly Betty (2006)
- The TV Set (2006)
- Californication (2007)
- Phineas and Ferb (2008) (season 1, episode 14 - "Ready for the Bettys," playing Crash) (Voice)
- Reaper (2008)
- It's time for touching (2009)
- All About Steve (2009)
- Squeeeze Me!! (2010)
- Married Single Other (2010)
- The Mentalist (2010) (series 2 episode 21 playing 'Daphne')
- Some Guy Who Kills People (2011)
- Family Guy (2012) (season 10, episode 14 – "Be Careful What You Fish For", playing Joanne Finn) (Voice)
- Death in Paradise (2013) series 2, episode 8, playing Vicky Woodward
- Maron (2015)
- "Lucy Davis on Married Single Other". Retrieved 24 March 2013.
- "Black Books". Retrieved 24 March 2013.
- First Look: Images From 'Some Guy Who Kills People'! from bloody-disgusting.com
- "Comedian's daughter saved by kidney transplant". BBC. 23 December 1997. Retrieved 30 December 2006.
- "The Office star Davis hospitalised for kidney failure". Contactmusic.com. 2 January 2006. Retrieved 30 December 2006.
- "Office star marries at St Paul's". BBC. 9 December 2006. Retrieved 28 December 2006.
- "Lucy Davis Bares Skin to Save Bears' Skin". PETA. Retrieved 27 July 2010.
- Lucy Davis at the Internet Movie Database
- "Celeb interview: Lucy Davis, The Office". BBC Lancashire. 2 October 2002. Retrieved 27 July 2010.