Eve Lucinda Fleming
15 May 1947
(m. 1971; died 1980)
Simon Williams (m. 1986)
Lucy Fleming (born 15 May 1947 Nettlebed, England) is a British actress.
She is the daughter of the actress Celia Johnson and the writer Peter Fleming (the brother of James Bond author Ian Fleming). Since 1997, Ian Fleming's two nieces, Lucy and her sister Kate Fleming, have controlled Ian Fleming Publications.
Lucy Fleming is best known for her role as Jenny Richards in the BBC post-apocalyptic drama series Survivors, which originally aired from 1975–1977, with Jenny the only character to appear in both the first and last episodes of the show. Her numerous credits in other British television series include The Avengers, Maud Ruthyn on the Season 4 episode "Uncle Silas" of the anthology series Mystery and Imagination, Smiley's People, Mr. Bean, the regular role of Jo in Cold Warrior, the first Helen Wycliffe in Wycliffe, A Dance to the Music of Time, Heartbeat, Rosemary & Thyme and Kingdom. More recently she has appeared on the long running radio soap opera The Archers as Miranda, the depressed wife of minor tycoon Justin Elliot, who is played by her "real world" husband.
Fleming has been married twice; first to Joseph William Peter Laycock (b. July 1938 - d. 14 December 1980) from 1971 to 1980, by whom she had a daughter Flora Laycock (b. 16 March 1972 - d. 14 December 1980), and two sons Robert Laycock (b. June 1973) and Diggory Laycock (b. December 1975). Her husband and her daughter, Flora, drowned on 14 December 1980 in a boating accident on the Thames. She married the actor Simon Williams in 1986.
Fleming spent part of her childhood growing up in New Zealand: "My parents packed me off to some friends in New Zealand when I was 16, hoping I would grow up a little and perhaps change my mind about acting. I was quite a tomboy. I ended up at the Bay of Islands, which was just the most beautiful place in the world. I was meant to be looking after the friends’ little boy, but I didn't have a clue, and I don't recall doing much of that at all. I loved the country, though."
- "The Peerage". Retrieved 29 July 2013.
- "Interview". Sunday Times. 31 August 2008.
- "IMDB Filmography". Retrieved 25 December 2017.
- "Moderately interesting fact..." Hugo Burnham (moderator). 10 January 2017. Retrieved 25 December 2017.
- "Announcements". Yorkshire Post. 16 December 1980.
- Gravestone at St Bartholomew Churchyard, Nettlebed, Oxfordshire, England
- "Search for actress's daughter called off". Glasgow Herald. 16 December 1980. Retrieved 25 December 2017.
- "James Bond News". Retrieved 25 December 2017.
- Lucy Fleming on IMDb
- Lucy Fleming genealogy. Retrieved 21 September 2007.
- Times article by Lucy Fleming on her childhood 31 August 2008 (subscription required)
- Updated 2012, photos & Lucy's life inc SURVIVORS (as Jenny Richards)