Lucy Katherine Mangan (born 1974) is a British journalist and author. She is a columnist, features writer and TV critic for The Guardian. Her writing revolves around feminism.
Early life and education
Mangan grew up in Catford, southeast London, to parents originally from Lancashire. Her father worked in theatre, and her mother was a doctor. She studied English at Trinity Hall, Cambridge, qualified as a solicitor, but worked in a bookshop until she found a work experience placement at The Guardian in 2003.
Mangan writes a regular column, TV reviews and occasional features at The Guardian. Her book My Family and other Disasters (2009) is a collection of her newspaper columns. She has also written books about her childhood and her wedding.
- My Family and other Disasters, Hachette (2010) ISBN 0852653689
- The Reluctant Bride: One Woman's Journey (Kicking and Screaming) Down the Aisle, Guardian Books (2012) ISBN 184854359X
- Hopscotch & Handbags: The Truth about Being a Girl, Headline (2013) ISBN 9780755316489
- Inside Charlie's Chocolate Factory, Puffin UK/US (2014) ISBN 9780147513489
- Bookworm: A Memoir of Childhood Reading, Square Peg (2018) ISBN 9781784709228
- England & Wales, Civil Registration Birth Index, 1916–2007
- Lucy Mangan's page at the Guardian Last accessed March 2016
- Mangan on her feminism, The Guardian, 19 September 2009
- Mangan, Lucy (5 October 2004). "Lucy Mangan: Crap jobs? Tell me about it" – via www.theguardian.com.
- Mangan, Lucy (18 September 2009). "Lucy Mangan: What feminism means to me" – via www.theguardian.com.
- Mangan, Lucy (5 March 2011). "Lucy Mangan: The feminist fight is not over yet" – via www.theguardian.com.
- Mangan, Lucy (16 November 2013). "Lucy Mangan: why feminism doesn't need rebranding" – via www.theguardian.com.
- Mangan, Lucy (9 August 2014). "Lucy Mangan: if we get bogged down in the Terf war we'll never achieve anything" – via www.theguardian.com.
- "Lucy Mangan's weekend column + Feminism – Lifeandstyle". The Guardian.
- Feminist education has been the making of me Interview with The Daily Telegraph, 6 May 2013
- Mangan, Lucy (10 February 2016). "I'd never kissed a Tory - then I married one". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 11 January 2020.
- Biography at Blake Freidman Agent's page, accessed March 2016
- Mangan, Lucy (25 July 2019). "Inside the Bruderhof review – is this a religious stirring I feel?". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 23 December 2019.
- Lucy Mangan's page at Stylist magazine Accessed March 2016
- "Roald Dahl Funny Prize 2012". www.booktrust.org.uk. Book Trust. Retrieved 20 April 2016.
- Mangan, Lucy (18 March 2011). "Lucy Mangan is Outspoken: "I'll never take my husband's last name"". Stylist. Retrieved 11 January 2020.