Lucy May Barker
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (April 2015)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015)|
|Lucy May Barker|
Lucy at the Stage Door, May 2009
|Born||Lucy May Barker
4 April 1992
Lincoln, Lincolnshire, England, UK
Lucy May Barker (born 4 April 1992) is a British stage and screen actress.
Life and career
She was born and brought up in Lincoln, Lincolnshire. Most notably, Barker played Ilse in the original London cast of the four-time Olivier Award-winning Spring Awakening which opened in February 2009 at the Lyric Hammersmith. The show transferred to the Novello Theatre in March 2009, and ran until May 2009.
In the 2001-2003 tours of the musical Annie, Barker played the title role to critical acclaim. In 2009, she also appeared in the London premiere of the musical Zombie Prom at the Landor Theatre, playing Ginger, and in The Impressions Show with Culshaw and Stephenson playing George, one of the Famous Five, with the comedian Jon Culshaw.
In 2010, Barker appeared at the Royal National Theatre playing Millie in Really Old, Like Forty Five, a new play by Tamsin Oglesby. The play opened on 3 February, following previews from 27 January 2010, in the Cottesloe, and was directed by Anna Mackmin. The play also starred Gawn Grainger, Judy Parfitt and Marcia Warren.
Between 24 September and 5 November 2011, Barker played Johanna in Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street at the Chichester Festival Theatre, with Michael Ball as Sweeney Todd and Imelda Staunton as Mrs Lovett. The production is transferring to London's West End along with Lucy, opening at the Adelphi Theatre, 10 March 2012.
- Shenton, Mark (25 Oct 2008). "Initial Casting Announced for London Premiere of Tony-Winning Spring Awakening". Playbill. Retrieved 8 April 2015.
- Spencer, Charles (9 Mar 2009). "Dirty Dancing and Spring Awakening in the West End". Telegraph. Retrieved 8 April 2015.
- Fuller, Clive (November 2003). "Annie's at the Alex". BBC. Retrieved 8 April 2015.
- "ZOMBIE PROM To Get UK Premiere At The Landor, Opens October 20". Broadway. 14 August 2009. Retrieved 8 April 2015.
- "The Impressions Show with Culshaw and Stephenson". BBC. Retrieved 8 April 2015.
- "Really Old, Like Forty Five". National Theatre. Archived from the original on 22 Feb 2012. Retrieved 8 April 2015.
- Marshall, Charlotte (11 Aug 2010). "INTRODUCING... LUCY MAY BARKER". Society of London Theatre. Retrieved 8 April 2015.
- ""bit of filming for CBBC and found out today I'm doing a little part in a film with Daniel Radcliffe! "". Twitter. 14 Sep 2010. Retrieved 8 April 2015.