Jasmine Sailing and Lucy Taylor
at World Horror Convention III (1993)
Lucy Taylor is an American horror novel writer. Her novel, The Safety of Unknown Cities was awarded the Bram Stoker Award for Best First Novel and the International Horror Guild Award for Best First Novel in 1995, and the Deathrealm Award for Best Novel in 1996. Her collection The Flesh Artist was nominated for the Bram Stoker Award (Superior Achievement in a Fiction Collection) in 1994.
Taylor has been called "The Queen of Erotic Horror" by Jasmine Sailing. The online Locus Index to Science Fiction (published by Locus Magazine) has also categorized several of her works as "erotic horror". Original short fiction of hers appears in all five volumes of the international anthology series, Exotic Gothic.
She has a B.A. in philosophy. Her early writing included non-fiction travel writing.
See the ISFDB listing in external links for a more complete bibliography, including works of short fiction.
- The Safety of Unknown Cities (Dark Side Press, 1995; The Mammoth Book of Erotica; Overlook Connection Press, 1999) ISBN 1-892950-12-X
- Sub-Human (1998)
- Eternal Hearts (1999)
- Saving Souls (Onyx, 2002) ISBN 0-451-41043-2
- The Flesh Artist (1993)
- Close to the Bone (1993)
- Painted in Blood (1996)
- Sideshow Double #1: Sub-Human/The Colour out of Darkness (1998) with John Pelan
- Flame Thrower / Blood Rights (1991) with Ann K. Schwader
- Spree (1998)
- A Respite for the Dead (2014)
- Triptych (1999) with Edward Lee and John Pelan
- "The Butsudan," Exotic Gothic, Ash-Tree Press, 2007, ed. Danel Olson
- "Tívar," Exotic Gothic 2, Ash-Tree Press, 2008, ed. Danel Olson
- "Sanguma," Exotic Gothic 3, Ash-Tree Press, 2009, ed. Danel Olson
- "Nikishi," Exotic Gothic 4, PS Publishing, May 2012, ed. Danel Olson
- "Djinn's Blood," Exotic Gothic 5, PS Publishing, June 2013, ed. Danel Olson
- "Bibliography: The Safety of Unknown Cities". ISFDB. ISFDB.ORG. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- "Bibliography: The Flesh Artist". ISFDB. ISFDB.ORG. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- Sailing, Jasmine (1993). "Lucy Taylor: The Queen of Erotic Horror". Cyber-Psychos AOD (4).
- "The Locus Index to Science Fiction". Locus Index. Locus Magazine. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- Locus Magazine November, 1998 issue
- Peter Tennant, Black Static Magazine, January-February 2015, (pp. 89-90).