||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
February 18, 1871|
Solingen, Westphalia, Germany
|Died||January 30, 1907(aged 35)|
Ludwig Woltmann falls in the spiritual and ideological history of the 20th century with the racial theorists Arthur de Gobineau and Houston Stewart Chamberlain, in particular in terms of his racial theoretical thought. His ideas were mainly published by the journal Political-Anthropological Review (1902-1907) and in the book Political Anthropology written in 1903. This and two other of his books were published in a 1936 Otto Reche anthology.
- 1898: System of moral consciousness, with a special presentation of the ratio of the critical philosophy to Darwinism and Socialism
- 1899: The Darwinian theory and socialism. A contribution to the natural history of human society
- 1900: Historical materialism. Presentation and critique of the Marxist world outlook
- 1900: Pilgrimage. Sketches from Palestine
- 1901: The position of social democracy to religion
- 1903: Political Anthropology. A study on the influence of the theory of evolution on the doctrine of the political development of peoples
- 1903: Are the Goths under assumed in Italy?
- 1904: Racial psychology and cultural history
- 1904: The physical type of Immanuel Kant
- 1905: The Germans and the Renaissance in Italy
- 1905: Marxism and race theory
- 1905: Recent literature on racial theory
- 1906 : For the German question in the Italian Renaissance
- 1906: The Germans in Spain
- 1907: The Germans in France. A study on the influence of the Germanic race on the history and culture of France
- 1908: Klemm and Gobineau
- 1924: Youth poems
- Wolfhard Hammer, The Life and Work of the Physician and Social Anthropologist Ludwig Woltmann. Univ. Diss, Mainz 1979.
- Jürgen Mixing, The Political Philosophy of Ludwig Woltmann. In the Field of Tension between Kantianism's Historical Materialism and Social Darwinism, Bonn 1975
- Sebastian Pella, The Social Darwinism-bred Theoretical Thinking in Ludwig Woltmann's Artwork, Political Anthropology, Bottrop 2009.
- Die Germanen und die Renaissance in Italien (in German). 1905.
- Gregor, A. James (2008). Marxism, Fascism, and Totalitarianism: Chapters in the Intellectual History of Radicalism. Stanford University Press.