Luge at the 2014 Winter Olympics – Team relay
at the XXII Olympic Winter Games
Pictogram for luge
|Venue||Sliding Center Sanki|
|Dates||13 February 2014|
|Competitors||48 from 12 nations|
|Luge at the|
2014 Winter Olympics
The team relay luge at the 2014 Winter Olympics was held on 13 February 2014 at the Sliding Center Sanki in Rzhanaya Polyana, Russia. This was the inaugural event of the team relay at the Olympics. The competition was won by Germany. Russia and Latvia won silver and bronze, respectively.
On December 22, 2017 Albert Demchenko and Tatiana Ivanova of Russia were banned for doping violations. Results of the Russian team were voided. They successfully appealed against the lifetime ban as well as annulment of result at the court of arbitration for sport, and on 1 February 2018 the results were restored.
- Czech Republic
- South Korea
- United States
The event was started at 20:15.
- "Competition Schedule". SOCOG. Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- "Sochi 2014: Germany wins luge team relay to complete golden clean sweep". ABC News. 13 February 2014. Retrieved 13 February 2014.
- "Team Relay Competition". Organizing Committee of the XXII Olympic Winter Games and XI Paralympic Winter Games of 2014 in Sochi. Retrieved 13 February 2014.
- "IOC sanctions 11 Russian athletes as part of Oswald Commission findings". International Olympic Committee. 2017-12-22. Retrieved 2017-12-22.
- "The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) delivers its decisions in the matter of 39 Russian athletes v/the IOC: 28 appeals upheld, 11 partially upheld" (PDF). Court of Arbitration for Sport. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- Final Results