Datome with Virtus Roma in 2013
|No. 70 – Fenerbahçe Istanbul|
|Position||Small forward / Power forward|
|League||Turkish Basketball Super League
November 27, 1987 |
|Listed height||2.03 m (6 ft 8 in)|
|Listed weight||98 kg (216 lb)|
|NBA draft||2010 / Undrafted|
|2015||→Grand Rapids Drive|
|Career highlights and awards|
Luigi "Gigi" Datome (born November 27, 1987) is an Italian professional basketball player who plays for the Fenerbahçe of the Turkish Basketball Super League (BSL). Standing at 2.03 m (6 ft 8 in), he plays at the small forward and power forward positions.
Born in Montebelluna to Sardinian parents from Oristano, Datome moved to Olbia in Sardinia, where he started playing junior basketball. He joined Montepaschi Siena of the first division Serie A in 2003. He played three and a half seasons for Montepaschi before joining Scafati Basket in February 2007.
In 2008, Datome signed with Virtus Roma where he went on to earn the league's Best Under 22 player award for the 2008–09 season. In 2012–13, he was named the Lega Basket Serie A MVP, after averaging 16.4 points and 5.6 rebounds per game.
On July 16, 2013, Datome signed a two-year, $3.5 million contract with the Detroit Pistons. On December 23, 2013, he scored a season-high 13 points in a 115–92 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers.
On February 19, 2015, Datome was traded, along with Jonas Jerebko, to the Boston Celtics, in exchange for Tayshaun Prince. On April 15, in the Celtics' final regular season game, he earned his first career NBA start; Datome responded with a career- and game-high 22 points, leading Boston to a narrow victory over the Milwaukee Bucks.
On July 14, 2015, Datome signed a two-year contract with the Turkish club Fenerbahçe. In his first season with the team, Datome won the Turkish Cup with 67–65 win over Darüşşafaka. Fenerbahçe also reached the final game of the 2016 Euroleague Final Four, but fall short of winning the championship after overtime 96–101 loss to CSKA Moscow. Over 29 Euroleague games, he averaged 12.4 points and 4.4 rebounds per game. In the end of the season, Fenerbahçe also won the Tukish League championship.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The EuroLeague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season. He also played in domestic competition, and regional competition if applicable.
He was also called up to the squad that would take part in EuroBasket 2015 to start on 5 September. After injuring a muscle during Italy's second game of the tournament against Iceland, Datome had to pull out of the rest of the tournament.
- "Luigi Datome Stats, Video, Bio, Profile". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. Retrieved December 15, 2014.
- Farrell, Perry (July 14, 2013). "Italian League MVP Luigi Datome will help Pistons' versatility". freep.com. Retrieved August 3, 2013.
- "Detroit Pistons Sign Forward Luigi Datome". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. July 16, 2013. Retrieved July 16, 2013.
- Harper, Zach (July 9, 2013). "Report: Pistons, Luigi Datome agree to two-year, $3.5 million deal". CBSSports.com. Retrieved December 15, 2014.
- "Notebooks: Pistons 115, Cavaliers 92". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. December 23, 2013. Retrieved December 15, 2014.
- "Pistons send Dinwiddie, Datome to Grand Rapids". The Detroit News. January 14, 2015. Retrieved January 14, 2015.
- "Pistons recall Dinwiddie, Datome from D-League". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. January 20, 2015. Retrieved January 20, 2015.
- "Celtics Acquire Thomas From Phoenix". NBA.com. February 19, 2015. Retrieved February 19, 2015.
- Celtics win 6th straight, beat Bucks 105-100
- "Fenerbahce Ulker Signed Luigi Datome". Fenerbahce.org. 14 July 2015. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- "CSKA Moscow claims its seventh Euroleague crown after OT thriller". euroleague.net. Retrieved 9 September 2016.
- Luigi DATOME (ITA) participated in 15 FIBA / FIBA Zones events.
- "Italy take their dream roster to Berlin". FIBAEurope.com. 2 September 2015. Retrieved 2 September 2015.
- "Problems pile on for Italy". EuroBasket2015.org. 7 September 2015. Retrieved 7 September 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Luigi Datome.|
- Career statistics and player information from NBA.com