Luis A. Seco
Luis A. Seco is the director of RiskLab, a global-based laboratory headquartered in Toronto that conducts research in financial risk management. Seco is also president and CEO of Sigma Analysis & Management Ltd.
He is currently the director of the Mathematical Finance Program at the University of Toronto. Professor Seco holds a Ph.D. from Princeton University, has taught as a Bateman Instructor in Mathematics at California Institute of Technology, and has been a Visiting Professor at the Mittag-Leffler Institute, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Schrödinger Institute, Paris Dauphine University, University of Texas at Austin, and Princeton University
In December 2011, Seco was awarded the Caballero de la Orden del Mérito Civil (Knight of the Order of Civil Merit) award from the Government of Spain for his application of mathematics to foresee economic cycles.
In July 2019, the University of Toronto's Fields Institute for Research in Mathematical Sciences announced the appointment of Professor Luis Seco as Director of the Fields Centre for Quantitative Analysis and Modelling (Fields CQAM) through to July 2020.
- "www.sigmanalysis.com, Managed Account Platform, Managed Account, Risk Management, Hedge Fund,First Loss, Transparency, Liquidity, Pension Plan, Endowment, Family Office,Cash Efficiency, Systematic Investment, CTA". www.sigmanalysis.com.
- "» Department of Mathematics". www.math.toronto.edu.
- "Spain honours U of T mathematics professor". University of Toronto News.
- "Professor Luis Seco is appointed as Director of Fields CQAM". The Fields Institute.
- "Integrating health and economic parameters of COVID-19". The Fields Institute.
- "Chess and mathematics to optimize confinement measures". El País.