Luis A. Seco
Luis A. Seco is the director of RiskLab, a global-based laboratory headquartered in Toronto that conducts research in financial risk management. Seco is also president and CEO of Sigma Analysis & Management Ltd.
He is currently the director of the Mathematical Finance Program at the University of Toronto. Professor Seco holds a Ph.D. from Princeton University, under Charles Fefferman. Professor Seco has taught as a Bateman Instructor in Mathematics at California Institute of Technology, and has been a Visiting Professor at the Mittag-Leffler Institute, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Schrödinger Institute, Paris Dauphine University, University of Texas at Austin, and Princeton University
In December 2011, Seco received the Caballero de la Orden del Mérito Civil (Knight of the Order of Civil Merit) award from the Government of Spain for his application of mathematics to foresee economic cycles.
In July 2019, the University of Toronto's Fields Institute for Research in Mathematical Sciences announced the appointment of Professor Luis Seco as Director of the Fields Centre for Quantitative Analysis and Modelling (Fields CQAM) through to July 2020.
In September 2020, Seco contributed to the paper "Integrating health and economic parameters to optimize COVID-19 mitigation strategies" published in Issue 50 of the Centre for Economic Policy Research's Covid Economics, Vetted and Real-Time Papers.
- "Sigma Analysis".
- "» Department of Mathematics". www.math.toronto.edu.
- Lewis, Jessica. "Spain honours U of T mathematics professor". University of Toronto News.
- "Professor Luis Seco is appointed as Director of Fields CQAM". The Fields Institute.
- Alik Sokolov, Yichao Chen, Jonathan Mostovoy, Andrew Roberts, Luis Seco and V. Kumar Murty. "Integrating health and economic parameters of COVID-19". Centre for Economic Policy Research.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- Seco, Luis. "Integrating health and economic parameters to optimize COVID-19 mitigation strategies". El País.