Luis Alberto (footballer, born 1992)
Luis Alberto playing for Barcelona B in 2012
|Full name||Luis Alberto Romero Alconchel|
|Date of birth||28 September 1992|
|Place of birth||San José del Valle, Spain|
|Height||1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking midfielder / Winger|
|Deportivo La Coruña
(on loan from Liverpool)
|2012–2013||→ Barcelona B (loan)||38||(11)|
|2014–2015||→ Málaga (loan)||15||(2)|
|2015–||→ Deportivo La Coruña (loan)||17||(5)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 6 February 2016.
Luis Alberto Romero Alconchel (born 28 September 1992), known as Luis Alberto, is a Spanish professional footballer who plays for Deportivo de La Coruña on loan from Liverpool as an attacking midfielder or winger.
A product of Sevilla FC, Luis Alberto was born in San José del Valle, Cádiz, and he spent his first two seasons as a senior with the B-team in Segunda División B, scoring 15 goals in his second. On 16 April 2011 he made his first-team – and La Liga – debut for the Andalusians, replacing another club youth graduate, Rodri, in the second half of a 0–1 away loss against Getafe CF.
In August 2012 Luis Alberto was loaned to FC Barcelona B in a one-year deal, with the Catalans having the option to make the move permanent at the end of the season. He made his official debut on 2 September by playing two minutes in a 2–0 home win over CE Sabadell FC, and finished the campaign as second top scorer in the squad, only behind Gerard Deulofeu.
On 20 June 2013, Sevilla received a £6.8 million offer from Premier League club Liverpool for Luis Alberto, which was accepted. The signing was successfully completed two days later, subject to international clearance, and he made his debut for his new club on 13 July in a 4–0 pre-season friendly win over Preston North End.
On 1 September Luis Alberto made his league debut, playing the last seven minutes in a 1–0 home win against Manchester United in place of Philippe Coutinho. On 15 December, shortly after having scored a hat trick in an under-21 match with the Reds, he provided an assist for Luis Suárez in the 5–0 away demolition of Tottenham Hotspur.
On 5 July 2015, Luis Alberto agreed a loan move to Deportivo de La Coruña subject to a medical the following day. There, he linked up with manager Víctor Sánchez, who was previously in Sevilla's coaching staff.
- As of 6 February 2016
|Club performance||League||Cup||League Cup||Europe||Total|
|Barcelona B||2012–13||Segunda División||38||11||—||38||11|
- "Barclays Premier League squad numbers 2013/14". Premier League. 16 August 2013. Retrieved 17 August 2013.
- "Luis Alberto". Eurosport. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "La maduración de Luis Alberto" [The coming of age of Luis Alberto] (in Spanish). Diario de Sevilla. 14 September 2010. Retrieved 22 June 2013.
- "Obra de arte de Luis Alberto ante el San Roque" [Luis Alberto masterpiece against San Roque]. Marca (in Spanish). 28 February 2011. Retrieved 22 June 2013.
- Setback for Sevilla; ESPN Soccernet, 16 April 2011
- Luis Alberto y Sergi Juste, nuevos jugadores del Barça B (Luis Alberto and Sergi Juste, new Barça B players); Diario AS, 6 August 2012 (Spanish)
- Femenía y Rafinha estrenan el casillero de La Masia (Femenía and Rafinha get first points for La Masia); Marca, 2 September 2012 (Spanish)
- Sevilla forward Luis Alberto to have medical at Liverpool after agreeing £6.8m move; Mail Online, 20 June 2013
- "Reds complete Luis Alberto deal". Liverpool F.C. 22 June 2013. Retrieved 22 June 2013.
- "Reds hit Preston for four – report". Liverpool F.C. 13 July 2013. Retrieved 13 July 2013.
- "Liverpool 1–0 Man Utd". BBC Sport. 1 September 2013. Retrieved 2 September 2013.
- "Tottenham 0–5 Liverpool". BBC Sport. 15 December 2013. Retrieved 13 February 2014.
- "Luis Alberto seals Malaga loan switch". Liverpool F.C. 26 June 2014. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- "Mateu corta las alas a Iraizoz" [Mateu clips Iraizoz's wings]. Marca (in Spanish). 23 August 2014. Retrieved 25 December 2014.
- "Luis Alberto llega esta noche a A Coruña para pasar mañana lunes reconocimiento médico" [Luis Alberto arrives tonight in A Coruña for a medical on Monday] (in Spanish). Deportivo La Coruña. 5 July 2015. Retrieved 5 July 2015.
- "Luis Alberto". Soccerway. Retrieved 13 February 2014.