Luis Enrique Sam Colop
Luis Enrique Sam Colop or Sam-Colop (born in Cantel, 1955, died July 15, 2011) was a Guatemalan/Native American linguist,  lawyer, poet, writer, newspaper columnist, promoter of the K'iche' language, and social activist.
He was born in Cantel, Guatemala in 1955.
Books and articles
Published works by Luis Sam-Colop include two poem collections, Versos sin refugio  and La copa y la raíz as well as various essays and articles. He is best known outside Guatemala for a new edition of the Popol Vuh in the native language. He recently received a Guggenheim fellowship in connection with this work.
- Ucha'xik - A growing collection of his newspaper columns in the Guatemalan newspaper Prensa Libre from 1996 to 2011.
- "Luis Enrique Sam Colop, 1955-2011 | American Indian Studies". Ais.arizona.edu. Retrieved 2011-12-19.
- William D. Davies and Luis Enrique Sam-Colop, K‘iché and the structure of antipassive, Language 66, 522-549. (1990)
- Prensa Libre (newspaper), Guatemala.
- Nick Copeland Cruel Populism: Counterinsurgency Strategy and the Limits of Democracy in the Guatemalan Highlands Archived 2010-06-10 at the Wayback Machine., pages 10 and 29. LASC Working Paper N.21, University of Maryland
- Alberto M. Fernández, Review of Kay B. Warren's Pan-Maya Activism in Guatemala Archived 2010-07-06 at the Wayback Machine.. ReVista online journal, Harvard (Spring 1999).
- Franz Galich, ¿Existe una literatura indígena en Guatemala? Archived 2009-03-23 at the Wayback Machine.. Accessed March 08, 2009
- Luis Enrique Sam Colop, Maya Poetics. Ph.D. dissertation, SUNY at Buffalo. University Microfilms, Ann Arbor (1994)
- Building Student Exchanges with the Emerging Democratic World Archived 2010-05-30 at the Wayback Machine.. Grant proposal, St. Mary's College of Maryland (2003).
- Luis Enrique Sam-Colop, Versos sin refugio (1980). 32 pages, in Spanish.
- Luis Enrique Sam-Colop, La copa y la raíz. Editorial San Antonio, Guatemala (1979). In Spanish and K‘iche‘.
- Luis Enrique Sam-Colop, Jub'aqtun Omay Kuchum K'aslemal, Cinco siglos de encumbrimento. Series Seminario Permanente de Estudios Mayas, No. 1. Cholsamaj, Guatemala (1991). 42 pages, in Spanish.
- Luis Enrique Sam Colop, Popol Wuj — Versión Poética K‘iche‘. PEMBI/GTZ/Cholsamaj, Guatemala (1999). In the Quiché Maya language.