|Full name||Luis Regueiro Pagola|
|Date of birth||1 July 1908|
|Place of birth||Irún, Gipuzkoa, Spain|
|Date of death||6 December 1995(aged 87)|
|Place of death||Mexico City, Mexico|
|Height||1.72 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)|
|1931–1936||Real Madrid C.F.||92||(53)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
After the start of the Spanish Civil War in 1936 La Liga was suspended. In its place Regueiro was chosen to be captain of the Basque national football team for its tour of Europe. Later, in the 1938/39 season, he played for CD Euzkadi in Mexico, before moving to another Mexican club, Asturias F.C., and later finishing his career at América where he was a player-manager.
Later he played 40 times for and captained the Basque national team during its tour of Europe and the Americas.
He married Isabel Urquiola in Coyoacán on 11 April 1943. Together they had six children; Luis (who also became a footballer), José Manuel, Juan María, Maite, María Isabel, and Lourdes. After finishing his career in football he had a business dealing in timber which he managed until his death.
Real Madrid CF
- 2 Copa del Rey
- 6 Campeonato Mancomunados
- Scores and results list Spain's goal tally first.
- "Luis Regueiro Pagola". pares.mcu.es. Spanish Government. Retrieved 27 March 2017.
- "Regueiro: Luis Regueiro Pagola". BDfutbol. Retrieved 10 August 2017.
- "CF América". rsssf.com. rsssf. Retrieved 27 March 2017.
- Zamora, Gerson. "El Equipo de Futbol Euzkadi en Mexico, biographical section" (PDF). Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico. Retrieved 13 June 2017.
- "Luis Reguiero". futbol.sportec.es. Archived from the original on 7 October 2010. Retrieved 27 March 2017.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "Jugadores de leyenda". realmadrid.com. Real Madrid. Archived from the original on 26 September 2013. Retrieved 27 March 2017.
- Ramos, Jesús (15 September 2015). "Emilio Alonso, el arenero de los años treinta". Marca. Retrieved 18 January 2017.
- Juan Cid y Mulet: Libro de Oro del Fútbol Mexicano, Tomo II, B. Costa-Amic, Mexiko-Stadt, 1961, p. 350
- Francisco Lugo, Erik (24 September 2010). "CF América". RSSSF.
- "Regueiro, LuisLuis Regueiro Pagola". National-football-teams.com. Retrieved 21 August 2017.
- Gotzon, Joseba. 100 Años Seleccion Vasca De Futbol 1915-2015. Book 3. pp. 156–170.
- "Regueiro muere en México a los 87 años". El Pais. 6 December 1995. Retrieved 10 August 2017.
|This biographical article related to a Spanish association football defender is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|