|San Diego Padres – No. 2|
May 16, 1993 |
|April 20, 2014, for the Texas Rangers|
(through September 26, 2016)
|Runs batted in||28|
Luis Alexander Sardiñas Avilez (born May 16, 1993) is a Venezuelan professional baseball infielder for the San Diego Padres of Major League Baseball (MLB). He made his MLB debut with the Texas Rangers during the 2014 season, and played for the Milwaukee Brewers in 2015 and Seattle Mariners in 2016.
Sardiñas was ranked by MLB.com as the 84th best prospect in baseball before the 2013 season. He was considered the Rangers second best prospect by MLB.com during the 2013-14 offesason.
On November 20, 2015, the Brewers traded Sardiñas to the Seattle Mariners for Ramón Flores. Sardiñas hit his first major league home run on April 5, 2016, off of reliever Andrew Faulkner of the Rangers.
San Diego Padres
- "Sardinas, Odor among trio moved to Double-A". Mlb.mlb.com. January 8, 2013. Retrieved December 14, 2013.
- "2013 Prospect Watch". MLB.com. Retrieved December 14, 2013.
- "Rangers place OF Adduci on DL, recall INF Sardinas". Associated Press. USA Today. April 19, 2014. Retrieved May 9, 2014.
- "White Sox explode for 16 runs, yield just 2 hits in rout of Rangers". Associated Press. ESPN.com. April 20, 2014. Retrieved May 9, 2014.
- Watkins, Calvin (January 19, 2015). "Yovani Gallardo headed to Rangers". ESPN.
- Watkins, Ryan (August 15, 2016). "Mariners trade utility infielder Luis Sardinas to the Padres". The Seattle Times.