Luiz Philippe of Orléans-Braganza
Luiz Philippe of Orléans-Braganza
|Federal Deputy from São Paulo|
|Assumed office |
1 February 2019
|Born||3 April 1969|
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
|Political party||PSL (Since 2018)|
Fernanda Hara Miguita (m. 2008)
|Alma mater||FAAP (B)|
Stanford University (M.A.)
Luiz Philippe of Orléans-Braganza (Portuguese: Luiz Philippe de Orléans e Bragança; born 3 April 1969) is a Brazilian political scientist, activist, entrepreneur, and member of the House of Orléans-Braganza. He was elected Federal Deputy for São Paulo in the 2018 Brazilian elections for the Social Liberal Party with 118,457 votes.
Luiz Philippe was born in Rio de Janeiro in 1969, the son of Prince Eudes of Orléans-Braganza and Ana Maria Bragança. Luiz Philippe is the grandson of Prince Pedro Henrique of Orléans-Braganza, who was the head of the family and great-grandson of Pedro II, the last Emperor of Brazil.
Luiz Philippe studied business at Fundação Armando Álvares Penteado (FAAP) and in 1993 received a master's degree in political science from Stanford University. In 1997 he received an MBA from INSEAD.
The professional trajectory of Luiz Philippe began in the United States, where he worked in companies of the financial market. Luiz Philippe was part of the financial planning of Saint-Gobain, a French multinational, between 1993 and 1996. He then worked for three years at the JP Morgan investment bank in London and the investment bank at Lazard Frères in New York. From 2000, he returned to Brazil as director of business development for America Online (AOL) in Latin America. In 2005 he became an entrepreneur, when he founded the company IKAT do Brasil, which operates in the field of motorcycle parts distribution. In 2012 Luiz Philippe founded ZAP Tech, an incubator of means of payment for mobile platforms.
Luiz Philippe founded the liberal movement "Acorda Brasil" in 2014. The following year, during the impeachment process of former President Dilma Rousseff, he presented a political reform bill to the Chamber of Deputies in Brasilia. He participated in the development and intermediation with the Federal Senate, in 2016, of a Constitutional Amendment Project (PEC) that allows the non-confidence vote of a president. Luiz Philippe also participates in the Canal Terça Livre with the Caia na Real program, and travels Brazil with the lecture Redeferindo o Brasil.
He was elected Federal Deputy for the Social Liberal Party (PSL) when competing for the state of São Paulo, being the 33rd most voted in the state. Almost came to compete for the Vice-Presidency of Brazil on the plate of the candidate Jair Bolsonaro, from the same party.
Among his proposals is a presidential veto, inversion of the state's public spending pyramid, and the creation of a new constitution along the lines of the Brazilian Constitution of 1824 (written at a time when the monarchy was the form of government).
- Por que o Brasil é um país atrasado? – o que fazer para entrarmos de vez no século XXI (in Portuguese). 2017. ISBN 9788581638676.
|Ancestors of Luiz Philippe of Orléans-Braganza|
- "Alexandre Frota e tataraneto de D. Pedro II são eleitos deputados federais por SP".
- Luiz Philippe de Orléans e Bragança. Por que o Brasil é um país atrasado? : o que fazer para entrarmos de vez no século XXI. Published by Novo Conceito, 2017
- No Brasil, o Povo não é soberano, ISTOÉ, accessed 19 October 2017
- "Membro da 'família real' entra com ação no STF contra manutenção de direitos de Dilma". Estadão. O Estado de São Paulo. 1 September 2016. Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "Membro da família real vai ao STF contra decisão que favoreceu Dilma". G1. Globo.
- "O aprimoramento da democracia brasileira em debate". Site do Senador Alvaro Dias. Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- "Palestra "Redefinindo o Brasil", com Luiz Philippe de Orleans e Bragança". reaconaria.org.
- Morais, Tarciso. "Príncipe Luiz Philippe é eleito deputado federal por São Paulo". Renova Mídia. Retrieved 9 October 2018.
- "Conheça os 70 deputados federais eleitos por São Paulo". R7.com. 2018-10-07.
- "Conheça o Príncipe Luiz Philippe, possível vice de Bolsonaro". MSN. Retrieved 11 October 2018.
- Luís Lima. "As ideias do príncipe". Época. Globo. Retrieved 7 October 2018.