|Education||Ph.D. (expected in 2016)|
B.Sc., University of Arizona, 2012
|Alma mater||Georgia Institute of Technology|
|Fields||Planetary science with volcanology minor|
Lujendra Ojha (b. 1990 Nepali: लुजेन्द्र ओझा) is a Nepalese-American planetary scientist who, as an undergraduate under the direction of planetary geologist Alfred McEwen, discovered in the 2010s compelling evidence that water on Mars includes current, seasonal, surface liquid brine flows. He is enrolled in a graduate program in planetary science at Georgia Institute of Technology. He has also played in a heavy metal band, Gorkha.
Awards and honors:
- Special Recognition — Office of the Governor. Douglas A. Ducey (Governor, AZ)
- National Science Foundation (2015) — Research Excellence Award
- Lunar and Planetary Institute (2013) — Team-X Merit Award
- University of Arizona (2012) — First Place in Physical Science Research. Annual Student Showcase.
- University of Arizona (2011) — Honorary Presidents Award
- Group Achievement Award: HiRISE Science Team, NASA (2011)
- "The Nepalese-American Death Metal Rocker Who Discovered Water on Mars". Retrieved 2016-07-29.
- Lujendra Ojha; Wilhelm, M. B.; Murchie, S. L.; McEwen, A. S.; Wray, J. J.; Hanley, J.; Massé, M.; Chojnacki (2015). "Spectral evidence for hydrated salts in recurring slope lineae on Mars" (PDF). Nature Geoscience. 8 (8): 829–832. doi:10.1038/ngeo2546. Retrieved 2015-11-21.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- Kirby, Runyon; Ojha, Lujendra (August 18, 2014). Recurring Slope Lineae. Encyclopedia of Planetary Landforms. pp. 1–6. doi:10.1007/978-1-4614-9213-9_352-1. ISBN 978-1-4614-9213-9.
- Del Crookes (30 Sep 2015). "The student who discovered water on Mars says it was a 'lucky accident'". BBC. Retrieved 2015-11-21.
- Jonathan Amos (28 September 2015). "Martian salt streaks 'painted by liquid water'". BBC News. BBC. Retrieved 2015-11-21.
- Eric Mack (September 28, 2015). "Meet the Nepalese-American death metal guitarist who just found water on Mars". CNET. Retrieved 2015-11-21.
- Malorie McCall (September 29, 2015). "The Guy Who Discovered Water on Mars Is Also a Heavy-Metal Guitarist". Billboard. Retrieved 2015-11-21.
- Curriculum Vitae: Lujendra Ojha Archived 2015-11-22 at the Wayback Machine (October 2015).