|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
"Lujon" (also known as "Slow Hot Wind") is a musical piece by Henry Mancini. It appeared on his 1961 album Mr. Lucky Goes Latin, but was an original piece of music that had nothing to do with the Mr. Lucky television program. It was included in the soundtracks for the films The Big Lebowski, Sexy Beast, W.E., and Two Lovers. Its name comes from the lujon percussion instrument heard on the recording.
Mancini would later record a jazz/swing version of "Slow Hot Wind" and include it on his 1975 album Symphonic Soul. The song would eventually reach the #38 spot on the Adult Contemporary list in 1976.
- With lyrics by Norman Gimbel, titled as "Slow Hot Wind" (or "A Slow Hot Wind"), the song was recorded by Johnny Hartman (1964 album The Voice That Is!), Sarah Vaughan (1965 album Sarah Vaughan Sings the Mancini Songbook), Sérgio Mendes & Brazil '66 (1966 album Herb Alpert Presents), Roseanna Vitro (1991 album Reaching for the Moon) and others.
- The song was remixed as "Ocean Beach" by Black Mighty Orchestra on the compilation album Chilled 1991–2008.
- "Lujon" is featured in the 1996 album Sacrebleu by Dimitri from Paris, Track 19, renamed "Epilogue".
- In 2005, Belgian ambient lounge band Hooverphonic recorded a version of the song overlaid with vocals, "No More Sweet Music".
- "Lujon" was recorded by Les Deux Love Orchestra and appears on the album, King Kong (2008). The Les Deux Love Orchestra features members of Henry Mancini's original orchestra.
In popular culture
- "Lujon" appeared in the 1998 movie The Big Lebowski where lead character The Dude was enticed by porn producer Jackie Treehorn to go after Bunny Lebowski for the money Treehorn loaned her. The song played in Treehorn's bachelor pad while he was drugging The Dude.
- "Lujon" appeared in the 2000 movie Sexy Beast where lead character Gal, in a dream-like sequence, begins floating into the loving embrace of his wife above his beloved pool.
- "Lujon" appears on the DJ Cam's 2001 downtempo album Honeymoon and in 2011 it appeared in Madonna's W.E. movie.
|This 1960s pop song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|