Wagenknecht in 2018
|Senator from Prague 8|
|Assumed office |
13 October 2018
|Preceded by||Daniela Filipiová|
|Born||24 September 1978|
Pardubice, Czech Republic
|Political party||Czech Pirate Party|
|Alma mater||University of Pardubice|
Lukáš Wagenknecht (born 24 September 1978) is a Czech economist and politician serving as a Member of the Senate of the Czech Republic for the Czech Pirate Party since the 2018 election. Wagenknecht co-founded the auditing organization and think tank Good Governance and is a contributor to Neovlivní.cz, a publisher of investigative journalism.
Life and work
Lukáš Wagenknecht was born on 24 September, 1978 in Pardubice, northern-central Czech Republic. He studied at the Faculty of Economics and Administration of the University of Pardubice from 1998 to 2003 and subsequently started his professional career as an internal auditor at the Ministry of the Interior, in 2003.
From February 2014 to June 2015, Wagenknecht served as the first Deputy Minister of Finance of the Czech Republic in the field of financial management and audit. In 2015, he received the Prize for Courage for whistleblowing from the Anticorruption Endowment foundation. Wagenknecht co-founded the auditing organization and think tank Good Governance and since January 2018, he is a contributor to Neovlivní.cz, a publisher of investigative journalism.
- Lukáš Wagenknecht. Anticorruption Endowment. 9. 12. 2015.
- The tangled affairs of the probable next Czech prime minister. Sep 21st 2017. The Economist.
- Babiš prokazatelně lže. Čapí hnízdo je podle Evropské komise dotační podvod, tvrdí Wagenknecht (in Czech). Czech Radio. 19 January, 2018.
- neovlivní.cz buduje ekonomickou redakci, tým posílil Wagenknecht (in Czech). Neovlivní.cz. 17.1.2018
- "Ivan Štern: Wagenknecht vyhrál senátní volby" (in Czech). Czech Radio. 2018-10-13. Retrieved 2018-10-16.