Mitrović with Crvena zvezda in November 2014.
March 21, 1993 |
Novi Sad, Serbia, FR Yugoslavia
|Listed height||2.06 m (6 ft 9 in)|
|Listed weight||225 lb (102 kg)|
|NBA draft||2015 / Round: 2 / Pick: 60th overall|
|Selected by the Philadelphia 76ers|
|Career highlights and awards|
Luka Mitrović (Serbian: Лука Митровић, born March 21, 1993) is a Serbian professional basketball player for Brose Bamberg of the Bundesliga and the EuroLeague. Standing at 6 ft 9 in (2.06 m), he plays at the power forward position. Mitrovic was the final selection of the 2015 NBA draft.
Mitrović started playing basketball in Novi Sad-based club Kadet. In 2009, he moved to Hemofarm where he first played for the youth team. In the season 2010–11 he signed his first professional contract.
In 2012, he signed a contract with Crvena zvezda. In the 2013–14 season, his role in the team increased, becoming off-the-bench player. He also played the EuroLeague for the first time in his career. Over 7 EuroLeague games, he averaged 3.6 points and 4 rebounds per game. Before the start of 2014–15 season, he was promoted in the team captain. On November 21, 2014, he posted a career-high 30 points in a double overtime 103–110 loss against Galatasaray. Over 24 EuroLeague games, he averaged 8.6 points, 5.2 rebounds and 2.3 assists per game, all career-high. In 2014–15 season, Crvena zvezda won the Adriatic League championship, the Serbian League championship and the Radivoj Korać Cup.
On August 26, he extended his contact with Crvena zvezda until 2017. On October 18, 2015, in a game against Union Olimpija, he suffered a left knee injury which should keep him off-the-court for a few months.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The EuroLeague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season. He also played in domestic competition, and regional competition if applicable.
- "LUKA MITROVIĆ NOVO POJAČANJE". kkcrvenazvezda.rs (in Serbian). Retrieved 21 November 2014.
- "Luka Mitrović kapiten Zvezde: Ponosan sam što ću predvoditi novi tim". mozzartsport.com (in Serbian). Retrieved 21 November 2014.
- "Erceg, Arroyo star in Galatasaray’s 2OT win over Crvena Zvezda". euroleague.net. Retrieved 21 November 2014.
- "EL: Erceg ukrao pobedu Zvezdi!". b92.net (in Serbian). Retrieved 21 November 2014.
- "Red Star Belgrade extends with Luka Mitrovic until 2017". Sportando.com. August 26, 2015. Retrieved August 26, 2015.
- "Crvena Zvezda loses captain Mitrovic to injury". euroleague.net. 18 October 2015. Retrieved 19 October 2015.
- "KKCZ: Jović i Mitrović u Zvezdi do 2018. godine". b92.net (in Serbian). kkcrvenazvezda.rs. 8 September 2016. Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- "Zvezda: Luka Mitrović lakše povređen". novosti.rs (in Serbian). Beta. 21 November 2016. Retrieved 14 December 2016.
- "Philadelphia 76ers Select Jahlil Okafor, Richaun Holmes, Arturas Gudaitis, J.P. Tokoto, And Luka Mitrovic In The 2015 NBA Draft". NBA.com. June 26, 2015. Retrieved June 26, 2015.
- "Kings Acquire Draft Rights to Two Players in Five-Player Trade with 76ers". NBA.com. July 10, 2015. Retrieved July 10, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Luka Mitrović.|