|Born||1986 (age 35–36)|
|Alma mater||Colorado College|
|Parent(s)||John T. Walton|
|Relatives||Sam Walton (grandfather)|
Helen Walton (grandmother)
Early life and career
Lukas Walton is the only child of John T. Walton (1946–2005) and his wife Christy Walton. He grew up in National City, California, and Jackson Hole, Wyoming. His father, John T. Walton, died in a plane crash in 2005. Following his father's death, he moved with his mother to Jackson, Wyoming.
When he was three years old, Walton was diagnosed with a rare kidney cancer, and his mother attributed his recovery to a plant-based remedy from her garden.
Walton works for the Walton Family Foundation. He is the environment program committee chair for the Walton Family Foundation.
- "Bloomberg Profile: Lukas Walton". Bloomberg. Retrieved 1 February 2021.
- Levitz, Eric (6 November 2015). "Meet the 29-Year-Old Who Was, Until Today, a Secret Megabillionaire". NYmag. Retrieved 7 November 2015.
- "Meet Lukas Walton, the fiercely private heir to the Walmart empire who has donated millions from his fortune to find solutions to environmental problems". Business Insider. 20 February 2020.
- Kimball, Ryder. "Meet Lukas Walton, the fiercely private heir to the Walmart empire who has donated millions from his fortune to find solutions to environmental problems". Business Insider. Retrieved 2020-05-13.
- De Jong, David (6 November 2015). "A Wal-Mart Heir Is $27 Billion Poorer Than Everyone Thought". Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved 7 November 2015.
- "Meet the 29-Year-Old Who Was, Until Today, a Secret Megabillionaire". New York Magazine. 6 November 2015.
- "Data shows some Walton giving leans to left". Northwest Arkansas Democrat Gazette. 18 October 2020.
- "Forbes Billionaires 2021: The Richest People in the World". Forbes. Retrieved 2021-11-08.
- "Forbes profile: Lukas Walton". Forbes. Retrieved 16 February 2019.
- Strahler, Steven R (11 September 2020). "Turns out the richest Illinoisan is not Ken Griffin". Crain's Chicago Business. Retrieved 12 September 2020.
- "Find out why philanthropist Lukas Walton is a #Crains40Under40". Crain's Chicago Business. November 5, 2020.
- "Turns out the richest Illinoisan is not Ken Griffin". Crain's Chicago Business. September 11, 2020.