Luke Fowler (born 1978) is an artist, filmmaker and musician based in Glasgow. He studied printmaking at Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design  in Dundee. He creates cinematic collages that have often been linked to the British Free Cinema movement of the 1950s. His documentary films have explored counter cultural figures including Scottish psychiatrist R. D. Laing and English composer Cornelius Cardew
- In 2009, retrospective exhibition at the Serpentine Gallery.
- In 2010 in Rencontres d'Arles festival (France).
- In 2011, 'British Art Show 7' at the Hayward Gallery, London.
- In 2012, he was shortlisted for the Turner Prize, for solo exhibition at Inverleith House in Edinburgh, which showcased his new film exploring the life and work of Scottish psychiatrist R.D. Laing.
- Shortlisted for the 2005 Beck's Futures prize in December 2004
- Derek Jarman Award in 2008
- 2010 Foundation for Contemporary Arts Grants to Artists Award
- Luke Fowler interview: Up close and personal - Scotland on Sunday. Scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com. Retrieved on 2010-11-26.
- Scottish Arts Council - Exeptional [sic] young Scots given a financial boost. Scottisharts.org.uk (2010-07-01). Retrieved on 2010-11-26.
- "Turner Prize: 2012 shortlist announced". BBC News, 1 May 2012. BBC. Retrieved 1 May 2012.
- Times Online
- Hudson, Mark. (2009-05-13) Luke Fowler: stories upside down and inside out. Telegraph. Retrieved on 2010-11-26.
- Luke Fowler, Serpentine Gallery, London - Reviews, Art. The Independent (2009-05-12). Retrieved on 2010-11-26.
- "Inverleith House Luke Fowler, Turner Prize nomination 2012". Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh. Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh. Retrieved 1 May 2012.
- "Star Wars inspires art shortlist". BBC News Entertainment and Arts, Friday, 17 December, 2004. BBC. Retrieved 1 May 2012.
- Art review: Luke Fowler, Serpentine Gallery, London W2 | Art and design | The Observer. Guardian. Retrieved on 2010-11-26.
- Luke Fowler. Foundation for Contemporary Arts. Retrieved on 2010-11-26.
|This artist-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|