This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Luke Richard Jermay
7 March 1985
Basildon, Essex, England, UK
|Residence||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Occupation||illusionist, mind reader, mentalist, magician, writer, actor, psychological illusionist. hypnotist|
|Spouse(s)||Rachel Leigh Bell (2007–2008)|
Jermay (born Jermey) was born to a single mother, Jacqueline Jermey on 7 March 1985 in Essex, England. Jermay studied magic and magic theory, has written many books on his art and has performed magic since the age of 12. At age 15, he wrote his first published book 7 Deceptions, which reached international popularity within the magic community.
He has performed in more than 20 countries including his native United Kingdom and the United States in venues from local taverns to the London Palladium on 20 December 2002 at the annual International Magic Convention in London, England. Best known for his use of suggestion and the use and apparent use of covert forms of psychological influence, his trademark routines are an apparently self-induced cessation of his pulse, followed by an apparent stop of a random audience member's pulse, and The Chair Prediction, a routine in which Jermay predicts which chair a spectator will choose to sit in.
Jermay has written a total of 33 books and manuscripts on magic and magic theory, many of which are limited-release, but 4 of which have been published by magic companies and mass-circulated. Those are 7 Deceptions, Building Blocks, Coral Fang, and 3510.
He has also worked with many other magicians and mentalists as writer, designer of psychological illusions and program consultant. His first consulting work was on season 1 of Derren Brown, Mind Control (2000) consulting for Derren Brown which he continued on seasons 2&3 of Derren Brown, Trick of the Mind (2003–2004). Jermay also worked with Criss Angel on seasons 1&2 of Mind Freak (2005–2006), and with Marco Tempest on The Virtual Magician (2004).
He also served as consultant for the television series The Mentalist which started in 2008.
More recently he has consulted for Dynamo, a UK based magician from Bradford.
This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: appears to be an excessive, indiscriminate list (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- 7 Deceptions. Wonder Wizards. 2000.
- Building Blocks. Alakazam Magic. 2003.
- Coral Fang. Alakazam Magic. 2004.
- 3510. Penguin Magic. 2007.
- Miracles of Suggestion by Kenton Knepper (three effects)
- The Theta Portfolio by Allen Zingg (one effect)
- The Garden of The Strange by Caleb Strange (several additions)
- Meant To Be by John Born (collaboration between Jermay and Banachek)
- Goats Grimoire by jose prager (collaboration between Jermay and Peter Turner)
Feature magazine articles
- The Centre Tear Magazine;
A series of 6 essays/effects published in the online Magazine "The Centre Tear."
- MAGIC Magazine;
A trick-teaching section devoted to Jermay's effects. Most published in other sources.
- Genii Magazine;
An ongoing series of essays and effects published in Genii Magazine.
Cover article and interview.
- Induction (not yet published)
- International Magic Live Lecture.
- Mind Magic Performance DVD (after show sales only)
- Emotional Intelligence
- An Extraordinary Exhibition of Seeing with the Fingertips
- Making Mind Reading Look Real
- The performers podcast. www.penguinmagic.com
- Radio Magic Interviews. www.radiomagic.com
Special Interview/Guest Weeks on Magic Forums
- The magic woods. www.magicwoods.com
- Talk Magic. www.talkmagic.co.uk
- Magic Bunny. www.magicbunny.co.uk
- Magic Tricks UK. www.magictricks.co.uk
- Derren Brown (Trick of the Mind Season 3 Writer.)
- Criss Angel (Mind Freak seasons 1, 2. Writer/director and talking head features.)
- Marco Tempest (The Virtual Magician Live Show Writer.)
- The Johnny Vaune Show (resident mind reader performance)
- The History of Magic (The world's best mind readers. Performance and writer credit)
- Dynamo magician impossible (series 1&2) (series 2 in the making currently 2 April 2012)
- "VolumeOne". Optical Delusions Magician Mini-Trio hits Grand Little Theatre.
- Luke Jermay on IMDb
- "Get ready for psychological illusionist Luke Jermay". scotsman.com.
- "The real-life mentalist". Herald Scotland.
- "Luke Jermay (review). Anne Cox is left baffled by the mentalist's tricks". bucksherald.co.uk.
- "Illusionist review: Luke Jermay, Edinburgh". scotsman.com.
- "Mind reader Luke Jermay has a few tricks up his sleeve". Swindon Advertiser.
- "Luke Jermay explores the magic of the mind". theenquirer.co.uk.