Luke Kennard (basketball)
Kennard at the 2015 McDonald's All-American Boys Game
|No. 5 – Detroit Pistons|
|Born||June 24, 1996|
|Listed height||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Listed weight||206 lb (93 kg)|
|High school||Franklin (Franklin, Ohio)|
|NBA draft||2017 / Round: 1 / Pick: 12th overall|
|Selected by the Detroit Pistons|
|2017–2018||→Grand Rapids Drive|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Luke Douglas Kennard (born June 24, 1996) is an American professional basketball player for the Detroit Pistons of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played college basketball for the Duke Blue Devils.
High school career
Kennard attended Franklin High School in Franklin, Ohio near Dayton. As a senior, he was named the Parade National Player of the Year. He was named the Ohio Gatorade Basketball Player of the Year as junior and senior. Finishing high school, Kennard was one of the most sought recruits in the nation. He finished his career with the second most points in Ohio history. Kennard committed to Duke University to play college basketball.
As a freshman at Duke, Kennard averaged 11.8 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1.5 assists per game. During his sophomore year, Luke averaged 19.5 points, 5.1 rebounds, and 2.5 assists per game. He led the team both from the three-point range with 43.8% and free throw line at 85.6%. As a sophomore, he was named first team All-ACC. At the conclusion of his sophomore season, Kennard announced that he would forgo his final two years of collegiate eligibility and enter the 2017 NBA draft.
Detroit Pistons (2017–present)
He made his NBA debut on October 20, 2017, against the Washington Wizards, scoring 11 points and recording 2 steals in 18 minutes. Kennard started his first NBA game on December 15, 2017, after Avery Bradley suffered a groin injury, scoring 9 points with 5 rebounds and 4 assists in a win against the Indiana Pacers. Kennard recorded his first career double-double on January 24, 2018, with 10 points and 10 rebounds. On April 11, 2018, Kennard recorded a former career-high 23 points in a 119-87 victory over the Chicago Bulls. 
In July 2018, the Pistons announced that Kennard suffered a left knee strain and would miss the 2018 NBA Summer League. On October 26, 2018, Kennard suffered a sprain of the AC joint in his right shoulder and will be out for at least two weeks. On December 10, 2018, he recorded a career-high 28 points in a 116-102 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers. On April 10, 2019, Kennard recorded 27 points in the last game of the regular season, in a 115-89 win over the New York Knicks. 
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
NBA G League
- Franklin's Luke Kennard named Gatorade Player of the Year
- Luke Kennard named Gatorade Ohio Player of the Year
- No. 18 Franklin falls; Luke Kennard finishes No. 2 in scoring in Ohio history
- Luke Kennard commits to Duke
- Luke Kennard commits to Duke
- 19.1 PPG 2.3 RBG 4.5 ASG AS A JUNIOR Franklin’s Kennard elevating his game with Blue Devils
- Luke Kennard has been one of few sure things for Duke
- ACC ANNOUNCES ALL-CONFERENCE TEAM, POSTSEASON AWARDS Archived March 6, 2017, at the Wayback Machine
- Scott Gleeson (April 6, 2017). "Duke's Luke Kennard declares for NBA draft, hires an agent". usatoday.com. Retrieved April 6, 2017.
- Ellis, Vince (June 22, 2017). "Pistons take Duke's Luke Kennard with 12th overall pick in 2017 NBA draft". Detroit Free Press. Retrieved June 22, 2017.
- "Luke Kennard scores in double figures in NBA debut". journal-news. Retrieved September 15, 2018.
- "Detroit Pistons at Washington Wizards Box Score, October 20, 2017 | Basketball-Reference.com". Basketball-Reference.com. Retrieved September 15, 2018.
- "Pistons' Luke Kennard: Starting at shooting guard Friday". CBSSports.com. Retrieved September 15, 2018.
- "Detroit Pistons at Indiana Pacers Box Score, December 15, 2017 | Basketball-Reference.com". Basketball-Reference.com. Retrieved September 15, 2018.
- "Luke Kennard posts first career double-double in OT loss to Jazz". FantasyPros. January 25, 2018. Retrieved September 15, 2018.
- "Utah Jazz at Detroit Pistons Box Score, January 24, 2018 | Basketball-Reference.com". Basketball-Reference.com. Retrieved September 15, 2018.
- "Role of Pistons' Luke Kennard could expand under Dwane Casey". MLive.com. Retrieved September 15, 2018.
- Zucker, Joseph. "Pistons' Luke Kennard out for Rest of NBA Summer League Due to Knee Injury". Bleacher Report. Retrieved September 15, 2018.
- "Pistons' Kennard diagnosed with right shoulder sprain". NBA.com. October 26, 2018. Retrieved October 26, 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Luke Kennard.|