|Full name||Luke Lowden|
|Date of birth||22 February 1991|
|Original team(s)||Dookie United (PDFL)
Caulfield Grammar School
Sandringham Dragons (TAC Cup)
|Draft||No. 63, 2008 National Draft, Hawthorn|
|Debut||Round 12, 2014, Hawthorn
vs. West Coast, at Aurora Stadium
|Height / weight||206 cm (6 ft 9 in) / 103 kg (16 st 3 lb)|
|Position(s)||Ruckman, key forward|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2016.
Luke Lowden (born 22 February 1991) is an Australian rules footballer who played for the Hawthorn Football Club in the Australian Football League (AFL). He was also listed with the Adelaide Football Club without playing a senior match. He was recruited by Hawthorn with pick 63 in the 2008 national draft from the Sandringham Dragons.
Lowden's family moved from Sydney to Cosgrove, Victoria, near Shepparton, when he was 12. He played junior football for the Dookie United Football Club before moving to Melbourne to attend Caulfield Grammar School. He played in three TAC Cup games for the Sandringham Dragons in 2008, which led to him being drafted.
Lowden did not play for Hawthorn in his first few seasons, instead playing for their VFL affiliate side, Box Hill. Lowden began in Box Hill's reserves and was promoted to their senior side in 2010. He played in a premiership with Box Hill in 2013. Lowden finally made his AFL debut in round 12 of the 2014 season, against West Coast, and kicked three goals playing as a ruckman opposed to Dean Cox and Nic Naitanui. Despite his strong performance Lowden did not play another AFL game for the season, and at the end of the season sought greater opportunities at another club. He was traded to Adelaide in the 2014 trading period, along with teammate Kyle Cheney amongst a complicated exchange of draft picks also involving Geelong.
Lowden suffered an Achilles injury in the 2015 pre-season that delayed his start to the season. He recovered to play 13 matches for Adelaide's reserves team in the SANFL, kicking 15 goals as a key forward with occasional stints in the ruck. He was delisted at the conclusion of the 2016 season.
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
- Clark, John (29 November 2008). "AFL national draft as it happened at Telstra Dome in Melbourne". foxsports.com.au. Fox Sports.
- McGowan, Marc (24 September 2013). "Premiership with Box Hill a special moment for Lowden". Shepparton News.
- Vernuccio, Chris (13 July 2010). "Last quarter blitz hands Hawks win". Leader.
- Quayle, Emma (7 June 2014). "The best day of Hawthorn ruckman Luke Lowden's life". The Age.
- Phelan, Jennifer (16 October 2014). "Cheney, Lowden to Crows in complicated deal". AFL.com.au. Australian Football League. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- "Luke Lowden - AFC.com.au". AFC.com.au. Adelaide Football Club.
- Thring, Harry (19 March 2015). "Lowden's Achilles heads in the wrong Direction". AFL.com.au. Australian Football League. Retrieved 25 June 2016.
- Gaskin, Lee (23 September 2016). "Crows delist ex-Hawk and untried rookie". AFL.com.au. Bigpond. Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- "Luke Lowden statistics". AFL Tables.
- Luke Lowden's statistics from AFL Tables