Luke Pinder is a 33-year-old British racing driver competing in the 2017 ginetta gt5 challenge from Shipley, West Yorkshire. Pinder has won an array of championships and has had notable achievements throughout his rallying and racing career which include 4th overall in Clio Cup Race Championship,Clio Cup Road Series Champion,Pirelli Star Driver Finalist,BRC R1 Champion,Swift Cup champion ,BRC Stars 1400 Champion and Peugeot 206 1400 Challenge champion.Luke has been involved with motorsports since the age of 13 having started competing in Autograss and moving to rallying and the circuit racing,Lukes ambitions are to progress up the racing ladder as far as he possibly can and as a rally champion turned racing driver uses his unique driving style that always makes every race he is competing in extremely exiting and interesting to say the least.
2005: Peugeot 206 1400 Champion
2007: Silverstone Tyres BRC 1400 Champion (Ford KA)
Luke Pinder entered the 2007 BRC 1400 Championship after agreeing a last minute drive with Chris Birkbeck to drive one of his new Ford KA 1400 rally cars. Despite the team failing to finish the first two races due to technical failures, Luke managed to come back and take the championship during the last event of the season. Part of Luke's prize for winning the championship was a prize drive on the 2007 Rally GB in a MG ZR.
2007: Prize Drive in Rally GB (MG ZR)
As part of his prize for winning the BRC Silverstone Tyres 1400 championship, Luke contested the coveted Rally GB in a MG ZR and despite not testing the car before he managed to finish Day One of the Wales Rally GB with a commanding lead in their class (N1) and went on to claim a class victory.
Luke finished the rally with a class lead of 45 minutes and 66th overall.
2008: Tesco 99 BRC R2 Class (Ford Puma kit car)
Luke entered the 2008 season planning to compete with co-driver Martyn Taylor in a Chris Birkbeck-run team for the 2008 season. The team ran a Ford Puma 1400 Kit Car in the R2 class of the British Rally Championship.
However, Pinder and Martyn Taylor parted company, with Pinder deciding to replace Taylor with previous Co-Driver Kim Baker.
2009: BRC R1 CHAMPION (Suzuki Swift)
2009 saw another new co driver, Peter Scott and another new car. Pinder deciding to contest the Swift Sport Cup within the British Championship. The new combination was very successful and won the Suzuki Swift Cup, the junior swift cup and the BRC R1 class
Pinder and Baker took the championship lead after the Scottish Borders event.
- 2009 British Rally championship R1 CHAMPION, Suzuki Swift CHAMPION, Pirelli Star Driver finalist
- 2008 Pirelli Star Driver finalist .British Rally Championship BRC R2 Class – Ford Puma
- 2007 Champion – BRC Silverstone Tyres Stars 1400 Rally Championship and Rally GB (MG ZR)
- 2006 Winner of Raymond Munro Dream Drive scholarship
- 2005 Champion - Peugeot 206 1400 Championship
- 2002 Champion - ANCC junior stage rally
- 2002 Alwoodley MC Stage rally Champion
- 2000 Champion - White Rose AC Senior class 1
- 2000 First Stage Rally (Xmas Stages)
- 1999 Junior Champion - White Rose AC
- John Hauglands Winter Rally School in Norway
- World of Leftfootbraking.com -Rallying, racing, cars and motorsport
- Rally UK: Pinder, Baker take on the world., motorsport news, results, features, teams, drivers, updates
- Silverstone Competition Tyres BRC Challenge
- Welcome to my website
- Pinder / Baker take BRC R2 Championship Lead
- Welcome to my website