Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Founded||1985(as Luke Skyywalker Records)|
|Founder||Luther Campbell and David Chackler|
|Genre||Hip hop music|
|Country of origin||United States|
The label was originally called Luke Skyywalker Records, however because it was not found to be of fair use, Campbell shortened his pseudonym to Luke (a result of George Lucas' successful lawsuit for Campbell appropriating the Skywalker name).
- 2 Live Crew
- MC Shy D
- Bust Down
- Buckwheat Boyz
- Poison Clan (Effect/Luke)
- Disco Rick
- Professor Griff & the Last Asiatic Disciples
- MC Twist
- Le Juan Love
- Tony Rock (Effect/Luke)
- The 2AWK
- Rhythm Radicals
- Home Team
- Fresh Kid Ice
- JT Money
- The PreC.I.S.E. M.C.
- DJ C.E.D.
- Likkle Wicked
- Angee Griffin (Skyyline/Luke)
- David Chackler interview on dailygrindhouse.com
- Philips, Chuck (September 26, 1990). "Campbell Pays $300,000 in Skyywalker Settlement : Lawsuit: The 2 Live Crew leader agrees not to use variation on the name trademarked by 'Star Wars' filmmaker George Lucas". Los Angeles Times.